Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Girls Lunch and Cake Time

Here is the recently taken pictures of Lenna. Here she is in her Easter dress. Easter isn't for a little while, but with life and such this last Sunday was the only Sunday before Easter she could wear it to church. Speaking of Easter: Dear Washington mom (you know who you are) can we come to your house for Easter? I'll talk to Melissa for details =) Anyway I think this dress is mighty cute. I even had one of our ward members come up and ask if they could use Lenna as a representative for the plant sale. Something on the lines of look how cute this girl is with one flower just picture how great your yard would look with many flowers. I am excited to get my flats of flowers for my planters. I am looking forward to having my yard in full bloom. Maybe if I am lucky my mom will come up and plant my planters for me. They always look better when she plants them. I think she has a magical touch that I am lacking.

Yesterday we went up north to meet up with some of my most favoritest people. This one is Pam. I find it is funny that my mom's name is Pam and one of my favorite coworkers is Pam and they are around the same age. Anyway this Pam below seriously kept my sanity while I was at Boeing. I remember countless amount of time sitting at my desk anxiously waiting for Pam to make it in so I could talk to her about whatever fun stories she had, or actually ask her work related questions. She is definitely one of the things I miss a lot about working.
Here are two other other gals I loved at work. Sarah and Erin. Erin just got a promotion! Yay Erin you will make a great manager!!!! Sarah and Erin put on one of my baby showers a year ago. Sarah and I went on many 'business -more personal development' trips together. Both of these ladies also kept my sanity while at work. I really really miss IMing them ALL DAY LONG! Sigh whenever I get together with them I miss working. But I am always glad we can get together for lunch and hope we can do it more often.
While looking at a house yesterday Lenna overflowed her diaper and peed on dad. Since she was already stripped down to her diaper by the time we got home and cupcakes were ready for her playgroup friends we decided to see how she would do with some cake. At first she was mostly excited that I would let her get something all over her hands with no bowl and no restrictions.
Then she realized it was edible and she was in bliss!
She really thought it was super yummy!
Today we had playgroup at our house to celebrate Lenna turning 1. We had a good crowd and for once the kids didn't scream or have melt downs. The last few weeks a lot of the kids including Lenna have had some major melt downs at playgroup.
She liked having a cupcake and knew exactly what to do.
YUMMM!!!!
The last few days Lenna has been MUCH MUCH better than last week! It makes me much happier when Lenna is happy. Yesterday Lenna decided she learned how to giggle. She just laughed and laughed all day long it was so funny. She is definitely a people person and makes all the old people at the grocery store feel loved since she will smile at them. I am glad she can make others feel happy.

Speaking of grocery shopping. Today I went and had 80% savings on my grocery bill. That means I spent 9 dollars and got 45 dollars with of groceries. Yummmm food! Happy Wednesday!

9 comments:

The Thackers said...

I'm so sad I missed the party at play group today! I was watching Joel while Melinda had dental work done. Anyway, happy b-day, Lenna!!! That's great no one had melt downs today...my kiddos probably would have hindered that milestone had they been there. ;-) See you soon...

Lindsey H. said...

That's how I eat my cupcakes too! :)

Grandma Princess said...

Okay cutie patootie lets have cake!
ONE is the reason to celebrate...
Here I come...See you before the stars come out..ohh it's raining:(
That's okay we will run & play anyway

The Mighty Quinns said...

Very CUTE Easter dress, she looks so cute!!!!

Jaymie and Justin said...

Lenna has grown so much. I love the pictures of the cake eating!

Lisa said...

I can't believe she is turning a year!

Lori said...

i agree with lisa, has it really been a year already? craziness

Diana said...

Happy Birthday Lenna, and that definitely is a flowery dress.

I need to add your blog to my feed.

And last of all, I love that you love coupon shopping.

Sarah said...

Can't believe her birthday is here already. Wow. Time really does fly. It has been fun to watch her grow up. Love the dress, too!