Thursday, March 25, 2010

Avery Island

Do you know where Avery Island is? Well I will be the first to admit that a week ago I didn't. But I am happy to report that it is located in Louisiana. Do you know what is made and manufactured in Avery Island, LA? I will give you a hint...
Yep that is right Tabasco sauce is made in Louisiana. If you had asked me where I thought Tabasco sauce was made I would have said Mexico. But wow I was off. While we were in Louisiana for a wedding we had a day to do some touristy stuff so we went on the Tabasco factory tour. It was free, it was short, it was perfect!
These are the rejects that didn't get labeled properly.
Lenna had a fun time just watching the people.Look at all those tiny bottles!
The workers liked Lenna they kept smiling and waving to her and she smiled and waved back.
Jared thought this was funny that there was an opera about Tabasco or something like that.
We all thought it was awesome that to make Tabasco sauce it has to cure for 3 years. They use old Jack Daniel wooden barrels to do that curing.
Here we all are at the Tabasco plant.
Lenna enjoyed playing with the spoon while we enjoyed the Tabasco samples of Hot and Spicy ice cream, chili, and all the different types of Tabasco.
It was a great adventure to start off our vacation!

4 comments:

The Davidsons said...

Love Lenna little pigtails! We can't wait to see her and you guys too!

Lindsey H. said...

How fun! Actually, now it makes sense why they mentioned Tabasco sauce so many times in "Princess and the Frog."

Laura and crew said...

I just bought my first bottle of Tabasco sauce this year for some chili. It's got quite the kick! Anyway, it looks like you're having fun and Lenna looks like she's getting TONS bigger than when you guys left! Agh! How is that possible?!?!

Anonymous said...

I would have thought Mexico as well. That ice cream sounds nasty!