Thursday, April 1, 2010

Crawfish Party

We went to Louisiana for a wedding. But the wedding was short and the parties were long. For 3 days nonstop we partied it up and ate continually. One night we had a crawfish party. Maybe it is called a crawfish boil. Honestly I have no clue what it is called other than there was alligator and crawfish and tons of other food I had never eaten in my life. We introduced Lenna to crawfish both alive and not alive. She didn't try to eat it but would hold on to it.
If you look at this picture this is really what I thought. I don't like eating things that still look like the animal. Luckily for me the bride shelled a lot so I could just eat them without having to do the work of shelling the fish.

Lenna was well taken care of by my aunts and cousins.
Look at those piles of crawfish!
This picture explains the whole time we were in Lafayette. Non.Stop.Eating!
Here are two of my cousin's hanging out with Lenna. She loved the company!
Ahh my Aunts hanging out with Lenna. I remember tons of summers hanging out with my Aunt Penny and Aunt Paula. It is crazy that now they are playing with my kid as they use to play with me.
Here is the groom giving some loves to Lenna.
Grandpa Stud and Lenna thought something was pretty silly. Look at how cute they are giggling.
My Princess sure has been loving all the attention.
Next up on the blogging is the wedding. Trust me when I say it was pretty sweet!

3 comments:

Laura and crew said...

Wow! That looks like enough crawfish to feed an army! We've missed you guys! Are you back yet?! I love exclamation marks! Wahoo!

Tasha said...

I've never had crawfish, but that looks like fun1! Lena is looking so big!!

Lindsey H. said...

That picture of the groom holding Lenna - there's a little girl in there who for a split second looked like Esther!