Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Changes in the air

We have been keeping busy the last few days. Seattle has had some beautiful days and some rainy days, but I definitely think summer is approaching. So to prepare for summer we have been collecting flowers.
I have also been getting rid of "flowers." I think Seattle breeds out of control dandelions. I swear that I have taken up some plants that have 18 heads per plant! Mutant dandelions is what I should call them! Anyway I have been keeping busy by doing a lot of weeding.
We have also been keeping busy by playing this Nintendo DS game a lot. Seriously it sucks away time like no one's business. We also just have one copy of it, so it is a battle between Jared and I who gets to play it. This happens with Zelda once someone starts playing it the other wants to play it then it becomes a battle of who's turn it is. Ahh it is like we are teenagers all over again!

Anyway you might be wondering what has been happening with this little one since we are playing the Nintendo after she goes to bed.
Well we have been doing a lot of practicing of walking. Actually Lenna has the hang of it now, but she just needs to learn how to pick herself back up without my help or the help of furniture. Anyone have suggestions on how to do that?


We have been trying to get out and about. Yesterday we went to story time at the library. She didn't like it as much this time around as last week. I think it was an off day. She was pretty much grumpy the whole day. Those days are really hard for me because the whining really tries my patience. But today was better so hooray!She loves to play with her friend Joel. She just chases after him. It is fun for me to watch them interact since they have been great buds for so long they play so well together.This I thought might be a good picture, but then she got her head stuck inside the netting (yep total choking hazard) then she almost fell and hit her head on the metal frame. Yep bad mom moment. Instead of saying hmmm what you are doing isn't so safe; I thought great picture time! Luckily she didn't hit her head or choke, but we will try to be safer next time in the soccer goal.We have done a ton of walks in the stroller and not in the stroller. On Sunday she was so tired from everything, that for the entire walk she leaned her head against her stroller as shown in the picture. Lenna hardly ever does things like that.
The other busy things we have done is we went to the zoo on Saturday. Lenna had lost one of her shoes at the zoo on my birthday and I was too tired to go and search for it that day. So we figured we would buzz in on Saturday and see if it had been found. Happy day, it had! Now Lenna has both shoes again. We also looked at a few animals since we were already there.

I also made Jared and Lenna do a lot of random shopping with me on Saturday. We went to Costco and got churros, and we looked at a few stores to find coconut kisses with no luck. But the hardest purchase I have made these last few days was Lenna's next car seat. Here is what we got!The hard part is I feel like she will be a big girl in this car seat. I mean it has a cup holder! But Lenna is out growing her car seat in the height department, so I am not sure she will make it too much longer. So we figured we should order it so we have it when it is time to move her up. The cool thing about this car seat is that it will be her's for the whole time she needs a car seat. It moves from toddler size, to little kid, to just a booster. I think that is pretty neat! Since it will be her car seat for the whole time we got super girly because it would be just for her! I love it!

Okay hope you enjoyed the random update. We haven't really been up to anything horribly exciting, but sometimes you have to have chill days to enjoy the exciting days.

3 comments:

The Larsen's said...

Love the new car seat! Babies do grown up too fast! It looks like you guys have been busy and having a great time doing it! take care!

Evan and Holly said...

That's the car seat we got for Kyle when he was 18 months (that is how long it took for him to grow out of his infant seat). I love it; however, ours isn't pink. But make sure that you take it to a hospital and have it car seat checked because I found out all sorts of things I had done wrong (it takes a lot of strength and two people to get it really in there securely).

Anonymous said...

That is so fun that Lenna is walking now! Love the car seat. What is the make and model?