Thursday, April 22, 2010

To the best Washington Aunt Ever!

Today Lenna and I were privileged to have lunch with Melissa. One of my best-est of friends ever! Since her family has adopted me that makes Melissa Lenna's Aunt. It has been too long since Melissa and I have just been able to sit down and talk. I am glad we got to do it over splitting a Red Robin burger and a milk shake, YUM! Lenna adored Melissa and loved that she could share with her. Lenna is really into sharing things right now. Anyway a few awesome things everyone should know about this gal: 1. She will do crazy things just because you dare her to (like drink a whole glass of maple syrup just after eating tons of Oreos and milk). 2. She is unconditional; if we don't talk for days, or months you know she will still be your friend and will be there for you for anything. 3. She is way responsible and righteous; two must have qualities for best-est friends! 4. She is gorgeous; seriously when we met in college I really thought she was so cool that we couldn't be friends (lucky for me we became friends!). Anyway my list could go on to like a million, but I just wanted you to know a few things about her. All this talks about best-est friends helps me remember how much I love the people I have met up here, and how I still love getting together with all of them. Maybe I should apologize to the many people I keep in contact with because you can't get rid of me wahahaha...I always want updates and get together rendezvous...Kim, Carrie, Melissa 1, Melissa 2, Kari, Jeni...okay I know I will forget someone so I am just going to stop with my silliness. And I need friends with different names, lol. You all have the same names.

However, with all the excitement of lunch Lenna just didn't want to take a nap this afternoon. Since I hadn't got my run in since Lenna doesn't really take morning naps anymore, and the afternoon turned out to be nice we headed out to do some laps at a nearby park. The ride must have been comforting to Lenna because she just couldn't take it anymore and passed out before we made it home. So with the very short down time I got today I did something nice for Jared. I washed his car. I think I should get bonus points, or a nice mother's day gift. Speaking of mother's day gifts what do you normal want or get? My list is nothing because I can't think of anything I really really want.
The shopping deal/brag for the week was today at Walgreens I got our ink cartridge refilled for 1 dollar and 10 cents after tax. Now I never have to feel guilty about the cost of ink for printing off all my coupons since 1 coupon will make up the difference of a dollar! I also did well at grocery shopping. I bought some produce for Lenna and our dinner as well as 3 jars of pasta sauce, and some other items. The total had come to 22 dollars even before my safeway card was entered. Then after coupons it came to 6.34 cents that is 71% savings. The best part was the pasta sauce; they were on sale for 1.50 each if you bought 3. I had a bogo coupon and they gave me the full price off one instead of the sale price aka 3.40 instead of 1.50. So I got 3 jars of yummy pasta sauce for 1.10 that is 37 cents a jar! Woot!

Anyway this blog post is also very random, so to end on one last randomness I am totally happy Lenna finally decided to give up her morning nap now when spring is approaching instead of the winter. That way I can just go out and run with her in the morning instead of running on my elliptical. Win-win in our house I get exercise Lenna gets to go outside. I am so happy spring is really here!

2 comments:

Laura and crew said...

1. I like your list of reasons why Melissa is your friend. It leaves me wondering if you'll do crazy things if I dare you and 2. I think we should start doing walks again now that it's nice and sunny outside. Hooray for spring!

Anonymous said...

You always find the best deals. I really need to look for coupons up in Calgary.