Friday, April 30, 2010

The Sweetness of the Puget Sound

With my mom up we decided our adventures for this trip would be discovering some of the sweeter sides of Seattle. Since I had been to many of them it was my treat to share them with my mom. One day we headed up to La Conner to eat at the Calico Cupboard. It is definitely one of my favorite places for calm chowder, and the desserts are way yummy!We always get a peanut butter bar and a rocky road bar. They are so good!!! I already want to go up and get more!
No sweet trip is complete without a stop at Cupcake Royale in Ballard. I had told my mom about this places for many years, but this was the first time she had ever been.
Lenna really really wanted some of the cupcakes and screamed until she got some.
You can get free bumper stickers there too.
Yummy!
This plate is very wrong. I think all these sweets aren't doing my booty any good.
After Cupcake Royale we headed to Fremont to go to Theo Chocolates. I had heard a lot about this place, but truthfully it was a MAJOR let down for me. Either I just really love some sweet chocolate, traditional flavors, or something. Seriously I tried a ton of pieces of chocolate and not one of them said buy me! And the coconut curry flavor was ugh! Those two flavors shouldn't be combined with chocolate in my opinion. However it was worth the experience.
Another sweet spot during the week was to Trophy Cupcakes. It is important to go to two cupcake places so you can compare the two and decide on your favorite. My loyalty still remains to Cupcake Royale, but if you do go to Trophy Cupcakes I suggest the Peanut butter flavored one it is very decadent.
The peanut butter one is on the left and the other flavor on the right is Samoas (which is my favorite type of girl scout cookie!)
To end the sweet tour this time around we went over to Capitol Hill and had dessert at Dilettantes. This place is known for its desserts and often gets voted the best dessert place in the city, or so I read.
My suggestion is always the ice cream sundaes here. The cakes and other stuff is just okay, but the sundaes are yummy.They were so good that Jared dropped some ice cream on Lenna's head. Poor Lenna! But beware this place doesn't have high chairs so bring your booster with you, so you can enjoy sweets without your little ones on your laps. And then you will less likely drip things on your kiddos too.
Another fun place to go to for ice cream shakes is Dick's. We didn't get ice cream just burgers on our stop here, but I figured I would mention it. It is very old school which makes it a fun place to go.
That concludes my sweet tooth for the last few days. What places do you like to go to when you are in the Puget Sound? Next time my mom or parents are up we need to hit the Crepe place in Kingston, and Starbucks the original in Pike's Place Market.

PS We had other fun adventures that didn't help increase my waist line but that is for another blog post after I get my laundry and other chores I have been neglecting done. Yay for sugar overloaded weeks!

6 comments:

Evan and Holly said...

at first I thought that you had gone to all of these places in one day!! That would be fun! It makes me wish that we had good places for desert around here, but we don't. Sad.

Evan and Holly said...

Oh, after living in Utah for 7 years, I am finally going to Logan for the first time next weekend. I'm pretty excited; however, I have no control over what we do or see there. But I can't help but think of you. :)

Laura and crew said...

Mmmm. This post makes me hungry for burgers and chocolate! I like to go to a little donut stop in Pikes Market close to the golden pig. They have fresh little donuts that are Deee-lish!

Lindsey H. said...

That is a lot of food, but it all sounds oh so good. I agree with you - I like Cupcake Royale a bit better than Trophy (but I've only had one flavor of each). As for Theo...I love cheap chocolate but I enjoyed some of the flavors there (like spicy chili...yumm) but not enough to pay that much for one bar!

Williams Family said...

Sounds like a week in heaven!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm....a sweet tour is right up my alley!! :)