Thursday, April 8, 2010

Disneyland March 2010

Brace yourself because "this is going to be one of the wildest rides in the wilderness!" Can you name which ride that came from? But no really in all honestly grab a drink or a soft spot to sit because this is going to be one really really long blog post. Frankly I have a lot of pictures to share from our trip to Disneyland since it was so much fun, and I was to lazy to group them into sets of 4! Okay here weeeeeeeeee goooooooo......

Lenna drank a lot form her sippy cup the first few days since it was HOT! Yay warm weather. It sadly got cooler nearer the end of our vacation.It seemed that all the trees were blooming in the park. It made it even more magical and beautiful than normal. This was my first time ever going in March, it was fun to see the park in a new light.
The first thing we did after getting our annual passes is we headed to Minnie's house. Lenna didn't really care about seeing Minnie.
But she wanted to eat Minnie's table! And well everything and anything we would let her eat. She is totally going through a growth spurt! She eats almost as much as I do.
She really likes Minnie's house. She liked it 6 months ago and hopefully she will like it in 6 months when we go again!
Jared's favorite thing to do in toon town is to push the dynamite. So we had to make a stop over there.
Every time we go to Disneyland we run into someone we know. This time it was my mom's cousins Kim and Shelly. They spotted me which I thought was amazing since they hadn't seen me in years.We rode tons of rides. This circus train ride was a first for all of us though. I am starting to appreciate more of the little kid rides now that I have a little kid.
Jared took Lenna on the carousel. This is one of Jared's favorite things to do with Lenna at Disneyland.
We got to see the Disney Electric Light Parade TWICE! I love this parade. Hence it is my cell phone ring.
One time while we were strolling around Lenna trying to get her to take a nap we ran into this sign. Jared thought it was funny to have a headless chicken crossing.
One afternoon we went to Hilly and the Hillbilly's for lunch. We sported some awesome hillbilly teeth for the occasion. Sadly we weren't close enough to the front for the performers to see our awesome teeth.
We got some cute family photos.We rode the Matterhorn. And we actually got stuck and had to conquer the mountain by walking off the ride. I had always wanted to walk off a ride so I got to check something off my list. We sat on the ride for 10ish minutes and at first they tried to truly bobsled us manually down the track since we were near the end of the ride. The workers came and pushed up up a hill for a little bit them pushed us as hard as they could down it trying to get us to the end of the ride. However, we didn't quite make it to the end so we had to step off and walk 10 steps to the exit. Fun story for me to remember! Plus we got to see inside the mountain! You can kind of see in this picture the green stuff is inside the mountain.
What a fun date to hang out on the Matterhorn!One day we rode the teacups.
We also took Lenna on Dumbo for the first time.

She got tired of waiting in line. Can you see how tired her eyes look? I was tired too a 25 minute line for Dumbo seems long to me too.
Finally a worker gave her a magical feather so she could get on the ride and fly!
She loved it!
Jared and I both enjoyed riding the fast and crazy rides. Especially Space Mountain since it was closed last time we went.I tried to tell Jared to make a scared face for the Screamin' shot, but he didn't hear me and he also doesn't know where the camera is. But thanks to my friend Tori. I know where all the cameras are for the cool rides thus I can make awesome faces!
Lenna napped good in her stroller while we played hard at Disneyland!Jared and I enjoyed a lot of time together thanks to G. Princess and G. Stud for watching Lenna.
There was a lot more people there in March than in September/October. I think we still prefer to go in the Fall to avoid the crowds.We tried to get the classic Disneyland shot, but we always get other people in our picture.
We saw Mickey while we were there. Lenna looks excited to be exploring Mickey's house.
Then when we made it to Mickey . However, she seemed more excited to play with his gloves than anything else.
We got a cute group shot. Yay! Thanks for letting us crash your trip Richard and Megan!
We practiced our fish face. G. Princess has the best fishy face if you ask me.


I thought this picture was adorable with Goofy Water and dad hanging out with Lenna.One night we rode the train around the park twice. Lenna wouldn't go to sleep, so we even got to see the dinosaurs!We enjoyed yummy treats. Here is G. Princess enjoying her Tigger Tail.
Isn't this not an adorable picture of my nephew? Melts my heart.I love that Jack loves Pooh so much.She also had so much fun with her Grandma and Grandpa.
She crashed hard every night and would even stay asleep when I moved her from her stroller to her pack n play.
Then it was finally time to go home. However the fun wasn't over yet. The ride to the airport was extra special because her cousin Jack let her ride in his car seat. Which was also Lenna's very first time riding forward facing in a car! I think she just figured she was on a ride since she hasn't complained about being rear facing since she got home.
Now we are back home doing this...Well in all reality we are trying to live happily ever after but life happens. The day we got home we did apparently too much wash and over heated our washing machine. After going to look at new washers and giving ours some time to rest it looks like we will able to put off getting a new washer yippee! We are also just trying to adjust to normal life with out any grandparents around or exciting things happening every 20 minutes. If you made it to the end of this post I congratulate you since it was the longest blog I have ever done. For your reward if you want a postcard from Dland next time we go just let me know. =)

Thanks again to Megan and Richard, Jack and Trey for letting us crash their Disneyland trip. We had so much fun hanging out with you and so much fun in Disneyland. Hopefully we can do it again this year!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I have a postcard collection and would love a postcard from Disneyland from you! I loved the post - reminds me how much I love Disneyland. We are overdue for a trip. Tim & I have never been to Disneyand together, maybe this Fall.

Ellerbeck Family News said...

Thanks for the candy from Disyneland. I ate a mickey mouse head full of carmel and I think it is the best piece of chocolate I have every had. It was yummy!
Grandmother Washington
ps I made it to the end and it looked like a really fun trip!

The Thackers said...

I heart Disneyland! :-) Today I took Sam to the Disney store at Alderwood mall. He was so funny...he just walked around the store in awe, loving every minute! My only thought was, "If he's loving this store so much, I can't imagine what he'd be like at Disneyland!" I can't wait to take him! Anyway, thanks for the fun post! I read the whole thing and I'd love a post card next time you go.

Evan and Holly said...

I haven't been to Disneyland in like 5 years and Evan hasn't been since he was in high school (so like 12 years). But I can't bring myself to fork out that much money for a place that Kyle won't remember and enjoy. Also, I can't ride any rides because I am pregnant. I figure we won't go for awhile until all our kids can enjoy it. The first time I went, I was 12. I really love it though.

P.S. I made it to the end.

Diana said...

Michael is sitting on my lap and as I scrolled through your post this was his commentary:
"Baby. Baby. Baby. Baby. Pooh Bear! Baby."

Also, he's wearing a diaper with Mickey and Minnie Mouse on it. Does that count for anything?

Lindsey H. said...

I made it to the end, but now I'm depressed. Warm, sunny, happy Disneyland sounds like so much more fun than being stuck inside with homework. I loved the picture of you and Jared in front of all the white balloons. Glad you had a fun trip! I bet it will be even more fun for Lenna as she grows older!

Missy said...

Oh yea for Disneyland! Looks like you guys had the best time, isn't Disenyland the best!!!! Oh I love it! I love that picture of you and your hubbs in front of the mickey baloons! So dang cute!!!