Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

You still have one more travel log post to endure from me but I figured I would insert Easter now, and do the Disneyland part of our trip tomorrow or the next day. Easter was pretty relaxing at our house. Growing up we did occasional egg hunts at our house, but we did most of the egg hunts that I can remember at my Great Grandma Mary's where we all had 1 egg that had our name on it and in that egg was a dollar bill. Normally my brothers and I would just run to 7-11 and spend it on a Slurpee. I always enjoyed Easter at Grandma and Grandpa Sharps. I miss them still to this day even though they did almost a decade or more ago. Anyway The Easter Bunny came to visit Lenna, but no egg hunts for us this year, maybe next year when Lenna will actually hunt for eggs.

Lenna did however love going through her baskets. Yep she got two. What a spoiled little one we have.
She especially loved the eggs that had puffs in them.
We watched conference at home all weekend long. Every time the Mormon Tabernacle Choir came on Lenna would stand up at her activity table and just stare at the TV. She must like the MoTab.
Lenna's new favorite thing to do is wear her necklaces around. She will put the beads on her neck. I am very impressed she has figured out how to do this. Then she will wander around the house looking pretty.
I mentioned she loved the eggs that had puffs in them earlier. Well she kept bringing us the eggs and having us open them so she could have more and more puffs. She loves food and snacks!I remember last Easter I took pictures of Lenna by our carrot pillow. Now she wouldn't sit still long enough for me to even get a picture of her facing forward with the carrot pillow.
Wow how she has grown!In the evening we headed up to our Washington Family's home the Ellerbecks! Since I was a freshmen in college one of my bestest friends Melissa and her family has let me come to their home for Easter dinner. I have loved this tradition and am really grateful that they let me come every year. I love their family and just love hanging out with them. This year Lenna loved hanging out with Amelia.
And we just enjoyed hanging out and chatting.
Thanks for a wonderful dinner and especially the fun times!

In other events, Lenna had her 1 year old check up today. A few weeks late mainly because we have been gone. Here are her stats:

Height: 31 inches (95%)
Weight: 22 lbs 7 ounces (70%)

She didn't like getting shots, but other than that she did okay at her doctor appointment. She lucked out because she had both mom and dad go to her doctor appointment today. I managed to pick up a nasty cold the last few days so my energy level is quite low, and my throat does better with less talking. I even went to bed last night at 9pm! Hopefully in the next day or so I will be back up to normal speed. Being sick is just no fun.

Also to end on a cool note. Lenna is getting more confident in walking. She will now take 6-8 steps before going back to crawling. Also this morning she stood herself up on the couch and walked away from it. I think it will be no time before she decides to start running!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good easter. I love Lenna's little pig tails!! She looks so close to just walking all the time! Good luck when that happens. :)

Lindsey H. said...

Can't believe she was ever that tiny! I liked opening easter eggs during conference too and scarfing the contents.