Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tip Toeing Through the Tulips

We have had a busy weekend! Yesterday we were given the opportunity by a friend of ours to go see a Shakespeare play. I ended up loving the play and finding it very humorous. But I always have a hard time getting into Shakespeare for the first 20 minutes. It is hard for me to get into the groove of the way they speak but as soon as I can do it without thinking about it I enjoy it. So I guess in short I recommend the Shakespeare in the Park if you are around the Seattle area in the Summer.

Anyway after a play and a good night rest we decided to head up to see the tulips. But to do that we had to be prepared. Lenna played on slides earlier this week to get some of her wiggles out to prepare for the car ride.
As I mentioned earlier she had to get a good night rest. She loves her bunny so very much.
We had to practice wearing our sunglasses so the bright sun wouldn't hurt
Then after all that we could go up and see the tulips. Here is Lenna literally squealing with delight!She really liked looking at all of them.
But she hasn't mastered the art of balance and face planted it.
Here is our attempt at a family photo via the timer on the umbrella stroller.
Lenna loves her daddy!
She was more excited about the people then the flowers to be honest.
We brought the chair with us!
Here she is giving me bones.
Then here she is protesting that she doesn't want any more photos!
Now she can just walk away from getting her photo taken!
I loved how dirty her shoes got! So cute.
Isn't she silly?
Family photo number 2. Someone really nice just asked if we wanted one. How do you say no to that.
This is my favorite of Lenna and dad.
I wish I could say it was all smiles, but truthfully if you look at my face this is how it really went. Lenna was tired from no nap, and thus I was tired of trying to make her happy.
But on a happy note since we went early enough we avoided all the long lines of traffic and huge crowds in the field, so it was worth a little bit of grumpiness to avoid the craziness of people!
We have done other events today too! It has been a busy weekend! We went to Costco to get my birthday cake. I love Costco frosting, but I wish I could buy the cake in a smaller size. I have no will power not to eat it! Then we went grocery shopping. Grocery shopping recently has become a love hate relationship. I love couponing, and I love deal finding. But recently Safeway is really being rude about it. I understand they have had problems with people doing fraud stuff so they have to be, but it makes it hard for me to do my deals and do fast checkouts. Today the checker had to ask like 3 people and then call the manager up so he could use my coupons. Then he missed one (sigh) I didn't notice till we were home. Anyway it was worth the hassle because I saved 50% on my bill aka I only paid 40 bucks for 80 bucks of groceries, but I wish it was less of a hassle. Wow random soap box. Anyway after that we went to a garage sale. Our neighbors must love garage sales, because they have them almost every weekend starting in April till the fall. But as we drove buy this little chair caught my eye. So we went and bought it and now it is in our backyard for Lenna.
After that we went to a friend's wedding reception and then to a game night! WOWZERS!!! Can I tell you I am tired. Good pre-birthday weekend for me though! Yay for having busy weekends!

A quick video of Lenna being very inquisitive. I finally ordered replacement balls for this train I got for free, and Lenna loves to try and figure out how the balls keep circulating. But then she got distracted by the flip camera, so she decided to try and get that from me instead.

I am finally getting over my cold! And I can finally start thinking about putting my house in order from being too sick this week to care.

5 comments:

Missy said...

Those tulips are gorgeous!!!! What a fun place for pictures!

Laura and crew said...

I love that Lenna sleeps with the bunny on her head. If she keeps up her silliness she will be voted Most Silly in high school. Glad you got cute tulip pics and you're feeling better!

Sarah said...

That first photo is to DIE for! SO adorable. I love all the tulip ones, too. It looks like loads of fun. And Happy Birthday this week. I hope you have a fun time :)

Erin said...

Cute cute pictures!! And a beautiful background. p.s. I need a lesson on couponing!

Anonymous said...

I love all the tulips. My favorite ones are the ones that Lenna sat in front off in her chair.