Saturday, April 3, 2010

That one time we went to Louisiana for a Wedding

Many of you know we just got back from our massively long 15 day vacation. It included 8 separate flights, a lot of hotels, and a lot of fun! The reason we had such a long vacation was that my Uncle Allen was getting married in Louisiana and then a week later we were going to Disneyland with my oldest brother, Richard. Instead of making it two trips we just decided to visit Jared's parents in Omaha and make it the 'Great Lundell Trip of 2010.' Neither of us had ever done that long of a vacation in our adult lives before, but it was great and I am glad we did it.

The story: back in December we found out of my Uncle Allen finally proposed to his now bride Janell after dating for 8 years! We were all very excited. When I heard anyone who wanted to come to their wedding was invited I was excited to go since neither Jared or I had ever been to Louisiana before.

They got married in Janell's sister's backyard. It was a nice short wedding.
I think I liked how the decorated a swing set for the wedding spot. Pretty awesome if you ask me.
They groom's cake was awesome. My uncle loves to golf. Actually as a side story my dad and a few of my uncles go golfing for a week every February. They have been doing it for almost 30 years.
Here is my Uncle Allen. We called him 'The King' growing up. I am so happy for him.
My favorite part of this whole adventure was getting to see all my aunts and uncles on my mom's side. It had been a long time since I was able to do that and it was just nice to catch up.
Sometime during the party we did what is called the napkin dance. It is were you follow the bride and groom around waving your napkin in the air.
The best part of the napkin dance was dressing up.



Next up is our adventure in New Orleans. Jared is telling me I need to do multiple blogs a day to just catch up with life. So maybe I will do that next blog post tonight. But a question to ponder is are you a recliner or a non recliner on airplanes? I hate to recline my seat because I hate it when people in front of me recline. I already feel cramped in an airplane and when someone reclines it makes me feel even more claustrophobic. But what do you think would you rather recline or not recline in an airplane?

4 comments:

Evan and Holly said...

I always recline, usually while the stewardesses are still strapped in up in the galley. I don't care if it is against rules or whatever. I can not sit that straight. I also feel that if the person in front of you reclines the way to create the same space that you had before is to also recline. If everyone just reclined then everyone would have the same amount of space. Is that logical? I'm not the engineer.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun wedding. I always recline because the seats are too upright. All you have to do when someone in front of you reclines is you recline so then you get that feeling of lost space back.

Laura and crew said...

It looks like the wedding was a very fun, relaxed event. As far as airplanes go, I'm a non-recliner. I just channel my ability to sleep sitting straight up and all is good. What are you?

Lindsey H. said...

I recline, because otherwise my sleeping head will keep bobbing forward.

The napkin dance looks fun! Is that a Louisiana thing?