Tuesday, March 2, 2010

No mundane Monday for us!

We had a lot of fun adventures yesterday. We started the day waking up early and driving to Tacoma to meet Kimberly for breakfast. This is Kim giving Lenna a lesson on how to give bones.
Lenna loved meeting Kim, and I was thrilled to see her again. I had a lot of fun living with her and Megan my senior year of college. She was the best protector at cheme socials of making sure everyone knew I didn't drink and she saved my sanity many times by just listening to me vent about drama with the young single adult life. She also gave me hank our watch dinosaur. So yep Kim is pretty grand and I am happy Lenna got to meet her!

All day long after we made it home from breakfast Lenna decided she wanted to be fussy. Since I didn't have the patience to put her down for a nap I just let her whine. Luckily for us it was a nice day and we headed to the beach with a friend. I was very scared Lenna would continue to whine or scream since her record with the outdoors isn't very promising but Lenna loved the sand and I loved that she had a great time.

She mainly enjoyed eating rocks, sand, shovels, dirt, and balls.
She especially liked small rocks because she could get them in her mouth and I would have to fish them out. Good thing she still doesn't have teeth to bite me!
First time getting to use her bucket and shovel!
Happy Joel man!
Lenna would chase Joel around and around. I wonder what will happen when Lenna learns to walk and she can keep up more easily.
I love her hair.
More playing in the sand!

More eating of the sand.
And more eating of rocks.
Check out that bum! She is one sandy girl!
Thank you weather this year for being unusually warm all the time! I am loving it!


Other random stories for your enjoyment. I went to Costco last night by myself to grab 1 item. I looked all over the store before finding it which it happened to be where I looked first I just missed it. Anyway I am standing in the check out line. There are two people in front of me. The person right in front of me had plenty of time to get her Costco card out. But no she waits till the cashier asks her for it. Then she takes longer than it would have taken me to do my entire transaction. After being rung up the cashier tells her the total. A few seconds go by and the cashier is like "oh you should swipe your card again it didn't go through." This is where the lady in front goes "I am going to pay with cash." Minutes later she finds a 20 and gives it to the cashier! It was the longest check out process ever! It was frustrating and baffling that someone could be that slow.

2nd random story I did yard work yesterday and I killed many dandelions and threw many snails in the yard waste container. Snails and I are not friends they tend to eat everything in my front yard. I hope I can kill more of them before everything starts to grow and bloom. I am getting more and more excited about spring and summer specially when we have nice days! That is all I got for now; happy Tuesday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm.....nothing like eating sand! :)

Laura and crew said...

I like that you're always so adventurous and you and Lenna match in your last picture. :O)

Tasha said...

Oh how I wish the weather was warm enough here to play on the beach. I am immensely jealous of your adventure! :)

Evendar said...

snails do not stay in my yard either-ugh
grandmother Jeanne

The Thackers said...

The beach looks like fun! I love that the weather has been so nice around here. What a treat! :-) I love your little Lenna. Love her personality.

Lindsey H. said...

I'm so glad you let Lenna get dirty. Makes kids tough! And being in line behind a bunch of slow people is the worst! Very hard to be Christ-like in those situations.