Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rain or Shine

I've been slacking in my blogging. Thus this blog has a lot of pictures since we have done lots of fun things this week! I also have been slacking because I keep hoping that February would last longer, but I should know that it always goes fast; especially since it is the shortest month out of the year. I am, however, just not ready for March to come even though tomorrow will be March 1st. In March we have a lot of traveling planned and Lenna turns 1 and with the coming of March I have to admit my baby is turning into a toddler right before my eyes! I am grateful Lenna is growing up but it is really hard for me to admit that my baby is going to be 1. It makes me feel old and I feel like this year just went by so fast!!!

However this little gal is having more and more personality every day. She is still a toothless girl. I really think she is going to hit 1 and have no teeth! But they will come eventually. Lenna has also been napping extremely well! On Wednesday she took a 2.5 hour morning nap followed by a 3 hour afternoon nap. Which basically after a quick stop at play group and grocery shopping made my day super duper easy! Since her afternoon nap was so long she was up to have dinner with Jared and I which was great because Lenna rarely gets to eat a meal with all of us. Since she slept so well, I gave her some brownie as a reward. She thought it was just okay. She loves cheese and Gerber puffs much more!
On one of my Target runs awhile back I found this headband in the dollar section. I thought it was just too funny not to buy. (So yes it was definitely an impulse buy, but really how often do you have silly flower headband on your errand list?) Well to get Lenna to let me have a picture I bribed her with the camera case. She loves playing with the camera case.
Doesn't she look silly?
This is Lenna's new hair do. Her hair is really getting super long and into her eyes. So I put it in a pebbles to keep it out.
We have had some rainy days and some sunny days this week. Both on the rainy days and sunny days we went on walks. On the sunny day baby Weston came over and since he is much younger than Lenna we went on a walk so Lenna would stop picking on him.

Another day it was rainy but we had walks to go on. Here is Lenna at Golden Gardens. It was actually my first time going in the rain since this is more of a favorite park to come to in the summer.
This park is located on the sound, and you could see the peninsula.
The water must have been fairly warm (for Seattle) because it was kind of see through. Ahh this picture makes me want to go on a cruise in the Caribbean.
I tried to get "Hi Dad" written in the sand but the picture just didn't turn out. Once in Hawaii my brother Matt and I wrote "Hi Mom" in the sand and my mom could see it from our hotel balcony, plus she took a picture of it and it looks just like a postcard. Well that didn't happen this time around. Maybe next time I will do better in making it big enough to read.
Lenna enjoyed all her walks and I enjoyed taking all the walks with my friends. If I went on a walk with you this week; I want you to know I really had a great time and we should do it again soon!

Lenna loves to get out of things. She is working hard on her dismounts from people's laps. She turns around and slides off you so she can crawl away and explore. Here she is plotting how to get off the chair in her room.
Saturday Lenna and dad were matching. We tried really hard to get Lenna to look at the camera but she was just too busy.
So dad let her go and explore. See look at her hair it is so shaggy!
Today is another sunny day. We headed out for a short walk, and while outside we noticed Lenna's tree is blooming!
My coworkers gave me this tree because it blooms near Lenna's birthday. It was definitely one of the most memorable baby gifts we received. I told Jared when we move he has to dig this tree back up and we are taking it with us.
Luckily for who ever ends up buying our house when we sell it we have another one just like it on the side of the house. I didn't even know we had this tree before today. Actually I hardly ever look at this side of the house. I should probably pay more attention! You would think after living here for 3 years I would have paid more attention to the things that grow all over my yard but I don't.
Wow I just realized in this post alone I have pictures of all 3 of our strollers. I never thought I would actually own 3 strollers at one time. I really thought I could keep it down to 2 strollers. But I like all of them for different reasons. And Jared puts up with them being all over the house or my car because each one serves a different purpose.

Other happenings of this week. Jared got sick today so I got to go to church by myself. Wow what a difference going to church without a kid makes. I could listen to the speakers and I didn't feel as rushed. It was really actually nice. Hopefully Jared will get better soon though cause I would rather him feel better than sick. On a funny note though since he watched Lenna while I went to church he got Lenna dressed for the day. The fluffiness of Lenna definitely comes from me. He put her in jeans. That is it. So she had a white onesie and jeans on. No socks, no bows no nothing exciting. If her white onesie didn't have small white bows on it she could almost pass for a boy. I just find it funny how we dress her different. It will be exciting to see how Lenna will decide to dress herself in the next few years.

2 comments:

Lindsey H. said...

What a fun post! I love Lenna's pebbles hairdo and the furry black hat she wears when it's cold. I'm glad my lateness gave you a chance to take awesome beach pictures! And I also can't believe Lenna was born a whole year ago almost - wow!

Laura and crew said...

Mmmm...walking at Golden Gardens looks cold but fun. I should try expanding my regular spots and go exploring there. Hope Jared feels better!