Saturday, February 6, 2010

The joys of an empty box

I was restocking Lenna's supply of wipes and when I was finished I had the empty box laying around. So I decided to put Lenna in it and see what would happen. I pushed her around the house for a little bit but she wasn't overly excited about it. So then I just let her sit in the box. She thought it was funny at first, but by the end I could see she was trying to figure out how to get out of it.

This picture is her new weird smile. She does it a lot. I am not sure where she learned it from.She liked banging her hand on the side of the box when it was pushed down.
I think this face says whatever. I am done in this box; get me out!
Then I put a ball in the box and she was trying to figure out how to get it.
Finally I got a big smile!
Yesterday we went to Fred Meyer and I had a big bow in her head like normal I guess. A lot of people kept saying hello instead of just smiling at her. I think she was giving them either huge smiles or inquisitive looks like who are you? She is starting to be more aware of who strangers are and is kind of shy around new people she doesn't know.
My yard is starting to bloom. I have some crocuses that are blooming.
I even have one that is on its last leg. But crocuses don't normally last very long so it isn't too surprising. I am just like wow it is February these flowers don't come out till like March. Maybe my tulips will bloom early. Well I guess if we keep this weather up they will.
In honor of it being sunny and 50 degrees when Lenna and I were out at Fred Meyer we bought some primroses. When our realtor came to our house and gave us suggestions of what would need to be done to put our house on the market he said a few things here and there and that has been what most of my chores have consisted of the last few weeks. Since we haven't found a house we like yet I am strictly doing these house prep chores so that I can enjoy the beauty of having them done instead of just making my house look pretty for other people. One of the suggestions was primroses for a spot of color. Now I just need to clean the front step off so that it doesn't look so dirty, but I am truly enjoying the spot of color.
Wow 1 week down in February that means Lenna is going to be one is almost a month! Craziness!

3 comments:

The Davidsons said...

I miss her I just want to squeeze her! She is looking so big in these pictures!

Ellerbeck Family News said...

I love the planters you have your primroses in-
So cute
Grandmother Jeanne

Jordy and Paiger said...

HEY!! Thanks for dropping by my blog! It's good to hear from ya. Of course you can add me to your blog. I will do the same with your blog. I love keeping up with friends. Your little girl is so cute too! Hope all is well on your side of the state:) hehe