Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Still afraid of the outdoors

We have been busy girls this week. We have been playing and cleaning and organizing stuff in our house. The funniest part about organizing and cleaning out was I finally decided it was time to get rid of wedding cards, unless I loved them and HAD to keep them. Well in the process I ended up finding 100 bucks! Sadly and funnily only 20 dollars of that was in cash. The other sum was in a gift card that says it has expired (I might see if I can still use it though next time I am in Logan) and the other was a check. I thought out of the 250 cards I went through on Saturday I did pretty good for only missing 3 items. So I don't feel too bad. Actually going through my cards made me feel overwhelmed by the love and generosity of people. It is amazing to me how many people gave us things specially the people we didn't really even know.

Anyway all the other organization has been pretty standard and I think our garbage and recycling are going to be very full this week.

On Sunday Lenna sported her new plaid skirt. From watching GMA while I run they say plaid is the new hot trend. So Lenna I guess is trendy!

She still loves to play with her links.

And every time she gets to play I find her at the fridge playing with magnets and things that are within her reach.It is near impossible to get Lenna to sit still for pictures anymore. I have to try and catch them on the run.But really this is how I feel about trying to get a good picture of Lenna nowadays.

She got new white shoes. They are cuter in person, but the flash over took the whiteness and it is hard to tell.
Yesterday I let Lenna play in our backyard. It lasted a total of maybe 5 minutes. She was really cautious and concerned at first.
And trying to figure it all out.
Then I ran inside to get her ball cause I thought she would like it and then the crying and screaming commenced. She was fine if I was right next to her holding her on her feet, but she would scream if I tried to move. One day Lenna will love playing outside; I think she just needs some more practice.

In other silly news we ran up to Walmart this last weekend to get Rubbermaid storage containers for a buck a piece. While we were up there I saw that the newspaper was already available. Jared laughed but I was so excited to get the Sunday paper. Mainly for the ads. Actually Jared read the whole paper and I read all the ads and the comics. I think I will try more often to get the newspaper. Jared thought it was quite funny that I was so excited though.
Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

Laura and crew said...

:O) Maybe you subconsciously left the money in your cards so it would be a great surprise when you found it! Eh? Anyway, I like your goofiness. And...as a random tidbit...most grocery stores like Safeway and FM sell the Sunday paper on Saturday. I used to get them for the coups and comics as well.

Sarah said...

That is too funny! It took me a couple of years to throw out wedding cards too, but I am glad that I kept them for awhile because looking back they meant so much more to me. I ended up using them in the wedding scrapbook... most of them I think anyway. I don't think I found any extra money though. Cool for you that you did though!

Lindsey H. said...

Cute skirt. Way to go on the pre-spring cleaning!