Thursday, February 4, 2010

Videos and busy busy busy

I must be on video mode because I really haven't taken any pictures. Oh well, since this blog is mainly for Grandma Princess, Nana Diane, and other awesome family members it is probably good they get to see Lenna in a video.

We have had some busy last few days. Good busy! On Tuesday we were wandering Target because I needed to get out of the house and I wanted to exchange something that had gone on sale. It is always nice to be like I want to exchange this and then they give you the same thing back and tell you 3 dollars had been returned to your card. As I type this I am reminded of my mom being like "Hey 3 dollars that is enough for 2-3 drinks!" Anyway as we were leaving I realized I had no clue where Lenna's polar bear white hat was. I was devastated that I couldn't find it anywhere. I called my mom to whine. I figured I must have lost it at Sam's club when we went to get diapers. When we went to Sam's club the lady I asked said she had seen it but it was no longer where they put it so she thinks it was thrown away. Sad! But at least I knew where I lost it right? I ordered a new one on clearance but it is in black. It should come in a few days so I am just trying to think positive and say at least I lost it and could buy a replacement! That filled up most of Tuesday during the day and at night we watched LOST! Ahhh I love this show.

On Tuesday Lenna got some play time after our shopping adventures. It is fun to see things clicking in her mind. Recently she loves to sit in front of books and turn the pages like she is reading them. I tried to get her on camera doing this but when I pulled out the camera she was to distracted by it. So you get a video of Lenna playing and bouncing. She really likes to get on her knees and bounce. I think it is cute and silly.

A few weeks ago I found Elmo live on 75 % off. I had to buy it! I have wanted an Elmo for soooo long. I repeat I wanted the Elmo, not I wanted it for Lenna but I myself really wanted one. Maybe it was because at Boeing the main thing I worked on was called Elmo, or maybe because I just always thought they were cool. On a side note yesterday the 787 lavatories were on the news. Jared laughed that I was so excited to see my lav again! But I just find it really exciting to see things you personally worked on! Anyway I got a video of Lenna playing with Elmo awhile back but I don't think I ever posted it. She gets really excited to hear him talk at first but then gets bored but is not sure if she can crawl away or not. We are really glad we were able to give a talking Elmo Jared likes to play with him too. In short Elmo = great family toy!

Lastly to end our busy days we headed over to the Hungerford's yesterday so they could have a baby brother! I arrived early in the morning where I kept telling myself it is okay to be up that early; I had done it every day I was at Boeing. After doing the normal routine of life we headed to the zoo. This was probably a bad idea but we did it anyway. While driving down it started to rain harder and harder. I thought about turning back, but didn't want the whining and the 'what do we do now' from the kids if I did turn around. I however as an adult should have followed my instinct and just dealt with the whining. So here is the story. We made it to the zoo with out any issues. We decided to go into the reptile and night exhibits since they were inside. Before we had gotten there I said we could have a snack at the bears. Well the bears is really really far away from the entrance. However, little E was determined to go to the bears. I think for the snack though I would have given them a snack anywhere. So after arriving at the bears soaking wet we ate our snack, but we had to still get back to the car. After multiple melt downs and having to carry little J and push Lenna in the stroller, and tell E she could make it, we made it to the car very wet, and very tired. So tired that on the 20 minute car ride home this is what happened. We dry, warn, and everyone is fine so that is the important part. E did tell me during lunch though that this was the worse day she had ever had. Note next time just don't try to go to the zoo in the pouring rain.
Also in the afternoon at the Hungerford's Lenna learned how to crawl down their stair. I love that she is learning things so fast! I also love how they all interact but do their own thing. Kids are great.

PS. Congrats to my friends the Hungerfords for the arrival of their new baby brother. We are so happy for you!

After the babysitting adventure I ran to the grocery store because my habit is always to go to the grocery store on Wednesdays. It was my first time getting anything for more than free! They had taco shells on sale for 99cent and I had a coupon for a dollar. So I got the tacos and a penny for nothing. Yay! I am really starting to like grocery shopping just because I love shopping for deals. Now I just need to learn to love cooking and then we are set!

2 comments:

Laura and crew said...

First, I'm sorry you lost the cute bear hat. :O( Sometimes it reappears at places, so you may want to check back to Sam's next time and see if it turned up.
Second, a GINORMOUS THANKS for taking care of my whining, wet, and weary children yesterday. I think I can picture your zoo experience perfectly. It makes me laugh. We hope to be home this afternoon/evening so if you want to come see Joey, let us know.

Lindsey H. said...

You're such a busy mama! I thought I'd redeem myself by commenting on your blog after all my comment-less stalking! Have a good weekend...and don't be too surprised if I haven't blogged by the end of the night. I might put it off some more. :)