Monday, February 8, 2010

She is smarter than I give her credit for

This morning Lenna and I were hanging out and she was exploring our house like normal and then she got really quiet. I looked down to see what was up and I find her trying and succeeding to get snacks out of her snack container she got for Christmas. The best part is since it was food related she wasn't going to stop and play with the video camera. So you get Lenna trying her hardest to figure out how to get the puffs out of the snack container. If you ask me it looks like we have a new activity for Lenna to do during church!

Other tidbits about this girl. She LOVES bath time. She gets so excited when the water starts running and if I don't block her way she is next to daddy anxiously waiting the time she gets to get in and splash around. I love that she gets so excited it makes me happy to see her so happy!Today Lenna got a whole lot of packages in the mail! Thanks Grandma Princess for her new cute wardrobe!In addition to running to the grocery store, today I made Indian food. Yes you read that right I tried something really different for me. (I am sure if Rich and Michelle read this their jaws will drop since I never was a cook!) The processes for this dinner started before noon today. I kneaded the dough for the naan, and this weekend we went to an Indian grocery store to find the right spices. Yes I could have bought most of the spices at Albertsons but it was WAY cheaper at the Indian grocery store, and you all know I am very frugal. (On the side note of frugality I am now longer allowing myself to buy anymore cereal until we are down to 3-4 boxes, even if I can continue to get cereal for like 70 cents a box).

So with the help of Jared we got things going and everything went smoothly in our dinner. We made my favorite Indian dish Butter Chicken.
It turned out too spicy for me and my mouth was on fire. But Jared liked it. Next time I make it I will just add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper instead of 2 teaspoons. Oh and maybe next time I will get fancier rice. To make this day even better Jared came home an hour early so I could go visit one of my bestest friends at the hospital. The fact she is in the hospital is not so good, but getting to have her, me, and her 5 day old baby time with no one else around was so wonderful. Thanks for letting me visit you; I know you will eventually read this. It was a good Monday for us and I hope a good Monday for you all!

5 comments:

Lindsey H. said...

1. Lenna is so smart!
2. Your food looks YUMMY! I'll have to make a trip to the Indian store and make some myself. Basmati rice is my favorite - a little expensive but so worth it! I need to learn how to make naan. Can you buy it at that same market?
3. I'm so sad Laura's still in the hospital, but glad you could visit her. Get better soon, Laura!

Erin said...

What a cutie she is. We're still looking for something magical to come and entertain Seth during church. Good work with the Indian food, that looks like fun!

Sarah said...

Bath time is great, isn't it? El loves it too! Way to go on the food. I don't dare.... I am such a boring food person.

The Thackers said...

Your Indian food looks yummy! I think you should make that for our next Iron Chef night. Speaking of Iron Chef...we need to get that planned! I think it's me who has dropped the ball...

Williams Family said...

LO-O-OVE Indian food. I have a few recipes that I make but not Butter Chicken, which is also a favorite of mine. Would love the recipe! Looks delish!