Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Joys of the last week

This last week has had some really exciting days and then not so exciting days. But that is better than all very boring days. One day we were over at a friends house and Lenna loved playing with his giant balloon! Actually this friend gave Lenna a red one of these. I just have been to lazy to blow it up. I should probably get on that.
Also recently I have been trying to have Lenna eat from a bowl. I think it is because I want her to learn that at restaurants we should eat from the plate and keep the plate on the table. It isn't going so well. She mainly just picks the bowl up and dumps the stuff out. Luckily she dumps it out on her tray and not the floor. I am going to keep trying though and one day it will click to leave the bowl on the tray.
Since it was Valentine's this last week we decided to celebrate as a family the day before. Lenna turned 11 months old on Valentine's day. So when we were out on our adventure we went to gas works and got a picture of Lenna with the skyline. Jared was kind enough to haul the chair into the park even though some people gave us funny looks. But I like how it turned out with the skyline being more grayish and Lenna really colorful. I am getting better at my photo editing skills and I am starting to actually really like photo editing so much that it is becoming a hobby. I am not so much into taking pictures but just editing them, sadly you have to take pictures so you can have something to edit though. Regardless I really like how this picture turned out.For our exciting family Valentine's adventure we went to Trophy Cupcakes. I gotta say that I still like Cupcake Royale more. But it was still a fun trip.
Lenna seemed to enjoy herself.
Later that day when Lenna went to bed Jared and I had a fancy dinner at home. We made salads, sweet potatoes, asparagus, other sides, and steaks. It was very delicious. And at the end of it I was stuffed. I actually didn't know if I would like doing this even though it was my idea. But it was so fun to cook together and eat fancy at home. I think I even liked it more than the last two years of going out to the Palisades. Gasp! I know you are all shocked because I tend to like to eat more.
On Valentine's day Lenna gave daddy her gift to him. Which was a book so he could read it to her.Plus we are lucky to have such great family and friends who mail us cards. Here is our spread! Oh and my lilies finally started to open they smell so nice! It is nice to have fun cards on the table and not just bills.In this video you can see that Lenna likes to "read" her books. You can see the Elmo Valentine's book we got her and the big purple ball. She loves balls so I had to get her a ball for Vday. Anyway her new skill is to blow. She will just blow air all the time during the day. I think it is cute. It is at the very end of the video.

Lenna's other new skill is she finally learned how to suck through a straw. Thank you to my friends who suggested the juice box and for Melinda in providing the juice box. After giving Lenna straight up apple juice in the juice box she can now successfully drink from her sippy cup that has a straw! Hooray!

4 comments:

Lindsey H. said...

Wow - so much to comment on. I love your tablecloth! And in the past month I've had both Cupcake Royale and Trophy for the first time and I agree that Cupcake Royale is the best, but they're both better than the cupcakes I make so I'll take either one! :)

Laura and crew said...

I love the pic from Gas Works park. I'm tempted to steal your idea and do a family photo in the same location. I also love that you're trying to teach Lenna to eat from a bowl. If she's mastered the straw, the bowl should be easy, right?

The Thackers said...

Yeah for the juice box!!! :-) I'm glad it worked for you and that she can now successfully drink from a straw. Also, cute pic of Lenna on her chair with the skyline as a backdrop. She is seriously such a cute little girl with an adorable personality!

Missy said...

Lenna's 11 Month pic is ADORABLE!!!! Oh I love it, she is getting so big and so dang cute!!