Friday, February 19, 2010

Sunshine!

This whole week Seattle has been blessed with sunshine! The best part is we have had some rain too, so that means everything is super green and feels like spring!

Yesterday regardless of the sun was one of those days where nothing seemed to be working out for me. We all have those days, but yesterday was almost comical. It all started off at 3:47am where my sick husband decided to cough right in my face and wake me up. Then he woke up early at like 6:30am and his waking up early woke up Lenna. Since it was early I woke up a grumpy woman. Have you ever had those days where you just wake up super grumpy?

Well I tried to solve my grumpiness by retail therapy. We headed to Target and found some great Valentine's day clearance items. When we got home I looked at my loot and was excited for all the things we got, but still grumpy! Lenna took a good morning nap and I ran like normal on the elliptical but I was still grumpy after my run. Seriously isn't working out suppose to wake you up and make you happy? In the afternoon I decided I would take a short nap during Lenna's afternoon nap to try and cure my grumpiness. However, Lenna decided that she would not have an afternoon nap! Since it was sunny we went on a walk and tried to enjoy the weather. We stopped at the park and did some swinging!
PS I was still grumpy on our walk since I really wanted a nap! After getting home and waiting for daddy to get home we got a text message from dad telling us he had missed his bus. So Lenna got put to bed without seeing dad =( She was really tired since she didn't have a nap. In the end what solved my grumpiness was a 20oz bottle of coke not having to make dinner, and Jared picked me up some of my favorite flowers. Do you ever have days like those where sometimes you wish you could just hit the redo button? In short though I can't really complain I was just tired and with a good nights rest everything is back to normal!
Other events of this week. Lenna is getting into everything!Jared and I decorated and ate sugar cookies (we didn't eat them all in one night).I organized our pantry so I can easily fit more of the deals I find at the grocery stores.
Before
After
I also have take a lot of videos. Since I uploaded them and didn't pay attention to the order I uploaded them I don't know what order they are in. But I hope the Grandma's can enjoy the collection. They include:

Lenna with her pink blanket she loves playing underneath blankets. She thinks it is a super fun game.

Lenna on a wagon ride with her friend Leah! Leah always has fun activities to do.

Lenna playing with her bead necklace G. Princess sent up! She likes that is makes noises when she shakes it

Lenna playing the piano. She thinks she is a big girl now that she can reach it.

Lenna playing with herself in the mirror.



Have a great weekend and Happy Friday to everyone!

4 comments:

Lindsey H. said...

Sorry you had the case of the grumpies but glad to hear you're back to normal!

Carrie Fowler said...

Yes. I have days like that all too often. I had a serious case of the grumpies all last weekend. And I struggled to make it to the bus on time this whole week. One day I was clearly going to miss it but lucked out and saw a coworker who drives to work and I was able to snag a ride with her instead of having to wait until the next bus came.

Laura and crew said...

I'll have to remember to use flowers and coke to solve my grumpies the next time they hit. That or we need to create the GEP (Grumpy Exchange Program) so the next time you're grumpy you can drop Lenna off at our house while you nap.

The Thackers said...

I like Laura's idea of the Grumpy Exchange Program. :-) Anyway, so sorry you were grumpy. I hate those kinds of days. I have them all too frequently it seems. I think the sun was shining just for you on your grumpy day. Anyway, the weather this past week has been amazing! I think we've been to the park every day. Lovin' Seattle.