Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Boredom = shopping

Today was a rainy day. Lenna was restless and I was bored. This is a bad combination. So we spent most of the day shopping. But before I tell you about my shopping finds here is an update of Lenna.

She loves crayons. More particularly she likes to take them out and give them to me and then have me put them away and repeat the process. At church she did this with a family in front of us for like 30 minutes. Lucky for us they thought it was fun to do with her. Anyway here she is taking crayons out of the package.
She learned how to turn on her light spinner this week.
Here is a video of it. It is amazing what she is picking up! She is starting to learn so much and understand a lot of what I say - it is amazing.

She is in love with her baby.
Her baby came with just a bib and diaper and I was tired of seeing the baby's booty. So I fixed up this little dress to work for her. Now the baby is modestly dressed. Hooray!Now for shopping. We headed to Target this morning, but most of the deals I went for I couldn't find or weren't marked down at my Target; it was disappointing. But in the afternoon we headed to Albertsons for canned veggies. With OUT any coupons I saved 62% on my shopping trip. I bought 30 cans of vegetables. We go through them fast enough I figured I was okay in stocking up. However I had to do a little shuffling in my pantry. Just in this corner alone I have like 50 canned vegetables. It is super awesome!
While I was organizing I figured I would just tidy up the whole thing. So now my pantry looks nice. Now how long that will last who knows!Hopefully tomorrow is less boring.

5 comments:

Evan and Holly said...

It'll stay nice until the next major shopping trip and with you that won't be long :)

Grandma Princess said...

Nice - food deals.Have you seen our Katie Randall Jones blog- Our Best Bites? Logan girl from the hood has a cool blog with recipes. Katie now lives in Louisiana.
So nice you could dress the doll. Luvya

Erin said...

Too bad we aren't close enough to meet up on the rainy days. Shopping is a good idea though! Lenna is as cute as ever.

Diana said...

Pantry looks great! Getting organized is a great feeling.
Now-check your email soon, I am going to email you a HOTT deal I got at rite aid. Although-maybe you're already cool like that, and found it already. :)

Sarah said...

I guess we do need to hang out, so we don't spend money and have more tired girls!