Tuesday, June 1, 2010

When it rains, it pours...irony

It was Memorial Day weekend, and Jared and I like to host a BBQ. Well the weather had been rainy all week long. We would check weather.com countless amounts of time all week long in hopes that the weather would be decent for a BBQ. A day before Memorial Day the weather forecast said it was to rain, so we canceled our BBQ. Well at time of what our BBQ would have been the sun decided to come out. Yes, it was pretty ironic. Well I guess lucky for us we have some friends regardless of rain or no rain wanted to come over no matter what.
Lenna was thrilled to be able to play out side.
She helped push people around in her car.
She really liked pushing.
But her passengers decided that the car would go faster if it was pushed from the top of the hill.

I would like to note that no one was hurt. Though there were an occasional close call.Yay for hills.
Other guest enjoyed their food!And catching up with old friends.I think they must be sharing some good stories.
And plotting their next move.
Their proud dads.
They really love their little girls!
I am glad the sun came out, but I hope next time it comes out sooner so we can still have everyone over for a party.

4 comments:

Lindsey H. said...

How funny - I didn't know you canceled it! It was pretty nice yesterday afternoon but I heard the rest of the weekend was yucky. I can't wait for summer weather!!!

Sarah said...

Just catching up on your blog makes me more excited to see you in a couple days... can't wait. Oh, and I am a sweet tooth too! Not fun when you're trying to lose the baby weight.

Anonymous said...

I guess that is what you get for living on Seattle. I felt your pain many occasions living in Vancouver for 2 years. The BBQ still looked like a fun time though.

Grandma Princess said...

Isn't it great that you can do a hill in beads? Oh to run care-free!
Have a great weekend!