Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Week of Old Friends

This week has flown by. It probably helped that the week started off on Tuesday instead of Monday, but maybe it was because we had so many fun things planned. Nonetheless it has been a fast moving week.

To start on Tuesday we went to the zoo with my good friends Rich and Michelle, along with our friend Chris and Rich's dad. They were up visiting from Utah. Back in the day I use to visit teach Michelle and she visit taught me. Strange how that worked out. But then she started dating Rich, and then they got married (btw Rich was my good friend too, and I was all in favor of their relationship). After they got married and a few bad break ups on my end in my single years I became known as their third wheel. Yup I hung out with them A LOT. They made me dinner, they introduced me to games like Settlers, Bohnanza, and Guillotine, but mostly they were neutral and safe ground during vulnerable times in my life. I have really appreciated their friendship throughout the years. Anyway enough rambling, they came to visit Rich's parents and they have a beautiful girl just a week older than Lenna, named Lauren. Lenna was a little too out going for Lauren since she is in the stranger danger phase of life. But we had a good time. One of the gorillas was peacefully resting, and I was kind of jealous. I really wanted to be peacefully resting too since it has been a rough week of sleep at my house.
Lenna liked the gorilla statues too. She kept pointing at them and playing near them.
The coolest part of the zoo other than seeing Rich and Michelle is that we saw the Meerkats too! When I look at this pictures I keep thinking "They do exist!"
In the evening we were able to go to a Mariners game. Last year we took Lenna with us but this year we went without her. I am grateful for my most awesome friends who will watch her for us! THANK YOU!
We went to the Mariners game to celebrate this awesome guy's birthday. Mr. Allen turned XXX. If the Mariners are playing on his birthday then that is what he does to celebrate. So this year along with 60+ of his friends we watch a game and celebrated his big day with him. Happy Birthday Allen. We are so lucky to have you as our friend. And every year we celebrate with you will remind me of our date to the Mariners game so long ago when the homeless guy sang to us and told us we were an awesome couple or something along those lines.
Yay for dates and seeing old friends!
Lastly to top off the old friend week we headed to Redmond today. One of my great friends from middle school just moved up here. I am so happy and excited they moved up here. Sarah was such a dear and great friend to me in middle school. I remember she was one of the very first people to just call and talk to me on the phone just for the sake of talking. We wrote notes to each other in notebooks, and she was just so unconditional. I was very lucky to have a friend like her. And now I am even more lucky because I can hang out with her. We had a blast at the park catching up and playing with our girls.
In the middle of the week aka Wednesday we did a little bit of shopping and a lot of sleeping. Lenna went down for a nap and so did I. It was so nice to have a 2 hour nap! Lenna has been waking up a lot, as well as Jared's pager going off that it was causing me to not get good solid sleep. However, after a good nap I felt like I was good to go. Yay for resting.

Lenna has been practicing coloring. She love crayons now a days.
She also likes to help me. Here she is helping me wrap Fathers Day gifts.
Here she is climbing on one of Jared's Fathers Day gifts.
Other than that we went to Target, and got some awesome deals. We got 2 packages of Bic Pens for free, and free Olay cleanser, free light bulbs, and 22 cent Shout. If anyone wants Shout I have a coupon that makes it 42 cents, so if anyone wants it let me know. The sale ends on Saturday, so let me know sooner than later. We also got some other stuff but I saved 67% on my trip (aka I paid 12 bucks for what would have been 38 dollars without my coupons). Yay for coupons. In a slight related topic I was reading one of my deal blogs and I desire to have a pantry like this one day. Yay for old and new friends, and double yay for fast moving weeks!

4 comments:

Laura and crew said...

Have I told you that you're the best person I know at making friends and keeping those friendships? Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Doesn't everyone want a pantry like that one! Glad you had a fun week with friends hopefully next week will be the week of sound rest. :) Which Sarah from middle school moved up?

The Curtis Family said...

Can I just say you are awesome for not only having your Father's Day shopping done, but also having it wrapped. :) And, I too would love a pantry like that one. You'll have to show me someday where you find all your coupons. :)

Lindsey H. said...

I agree with Laura - you are really good about investing in people and relationships. That's why I'm not worried about keeping in touch even though I'll be in a different city!