Monday, September 21, 2009

Disneyland 2009

We took Lenna on her very first trip to Disneyland and we all had a blast! Yes I know Lenna will not remember this trip to Disneyland at all, but truthfully we went because I love Disneyland and want to go every year, so this trip was really for me!

My parents were kind enough to let us tag along with them so that we could enjoy some of the big kid rides while Lenna slept or they played with her. It was great because they got to have some grandparent time and we got to ride some fun rides. Here is my recap

Getting there: We had our friend Tim drop us off at the airport. He arrived early at our house as we were scrambling to finish getting things in order. As we are driving to the airport and about 5-10 miles away from our house I realized I forgot the Bjorn. I am freaking out, but calmly Tim turned around drove us back to our house during rush hour traffic, and we made it to the airport in plenty of time. Thanks for detouring a half hour for us Tim! Lenna didn't really sleep well on the airplane but she didn't fuss either. When we arrived in Long Beach my parents met us with Lenna being wide eyed and excited. She was giggle and laughing. Who knew that 5 hours past your bed time one can be so giddy. It was hilarious to watch. It was also hard to settle her down to sleep but oh well.

Day 1: As we approached the park Lenna was super smiley and giddy once again. We decided to grab her a 1st visit button and then ride the carousel since Dad had been way excited to ride this ride with Lenna for months. Lenna loved it as well, and she actually loved all the rides we took her on.

We took her on Snow White, Pinocchio, It's a Small World, Pirates, Toy Story, Winnie the Pooh, Alice in Wonder Land, The Ferris Wheel, Buzz Light Year, the Train, the Jungle Cruise Ride, and maybe others that I can't remember. She just loved them.
The next day Day 2: before we headed to the park we took Lenna swimming at the pool. She wasn't thrilled at all to put her swimsuit on but she liked bouncing in the water. I had to show her how to splash but she just wasn't all that excited to splash she just wanted to be bounced.
Every day it got hotter and hotter. We lathered Lenna up in sunscreen even on her hair so she looked really greasy and hot every day but she never complained. I am glad not to have to lather sunscreen on her hair/head every day. Jared and I got to ride some fun rides everyday like Screamin' the roller coaster where we sat in the front or Indiana Jones where I got to drive the car, or the Thunder Mountain Railroad where we sat in the back. I guess I had incredible luck in getting to sit where I wanted to on rides.
Also Jared and I road Autotophia together. Want to read a joke? Here is goes "What do you call a car that can fly?....An Auto Pilot" This ride was fun because of all the silly road signs.
After that to cool off we got ice cream sandwiches. My ice cream sandwich stuck to my teeth and I looked liked I had bad dental hygiene. It was silly. We also watched some Jedi training which you can see us staring at in the bottom right picture. After cooling off we headed to California Adventure and went to Animation. I think Animation is one of my new favorite attraction. You can learn how to draw Disney characters or figure out which Disney character you are, or talk to Crush from Nemo. If you are wondering what Disney characters Jared and I are; I am Ursula, and Jared is Shere Khan. We are bad guys because our answer was the later to this question: do you like to eat lunch with nice people or eat nice people for lunch?
Later that afternoon we rode the Lily Belle train car around the park. This train car was made for Walt Disney's wife hence it is called the Lily Belle. It has the only remaining piece of carpet from the bolt that was bought to carpet the family's apartment in the park. It also had a picture of Lily and Walt which you hardly ever see.
The last day (day 3) and our final day we decided we had to meet Mickey and Minnie. So we headed to Toon Town to Mickey and Minnie's houses. Minnie played with Lenna's ears, and we explored Minnie's house.
Then we headed to see Mickey.
After all that excitement we went to California Adventure to see the musical Aladdin. I think one of the coolest things about Disney is that it gives children the opportunity to see musicals/plays at a young age so they can be exposed to it early. While my parents waited in line for the Aladdin doors to open Jared and I took a quick trip to the Tower of Terror. The best part about going during off season is there is hardly any lines!
By the end of the trip Lenna was pretty tuckered out. She slept well on the airplane ride home, said good bye to grandma and grandpa and is now settling back to normal life.
Lenna did so well and had so much fun on vacation I keep telling Jared that we should just move to Disneyland! I don't think he agrees, but it was great to have a wonderfully behaved Lenna for a few days! I hope Lenna keeps loving Disneyland and I hope to go again next September!

3 comments:

Lindsey H. said...

Looks like fun! Tim says you're welcome!

Laura and crew said...

Oh! We really need to go to Disneyland...it looks awesome!

The Thackers said...

I love Disneyland!! Looks like you guys had lots of fun. Lenna sure is adorable and just oozes personality. So very cute.