Thursday, September 10, 2009

Exciting happenings

I feel like I haven't blogged for a while, but it has just been a couple days. I guess with a baby things change rapidly! So prepare yourself this is a long post. Lenna is still trying lots of new foods. Here is a picture of her trying pears. I don't think she really cares for pears. I still think her favorite food is sweet potatoes. But I am just trying different foods out every few days, so she can see what the world has to offer.
When it comes to eating I think Lenna is not super excited about it unless she can feed herself. Here is a video of her helping me. It is kind of nerve racking for me to just give her the spoon with colorful food on it. As you can probably tell with my hand always close by, but she eats more of the food when she can do it herself. I also want to state it is not the best camera angle but it is hard to get a video and feed her so you get what you get.
I have been busy fretting and coming up with a packing list for Disneyland. I don't know why but I feel like some how I am going to forget something I need for Lenna. I am trying to keep things at a minimum of stuff but wow kids just need a lot of gear! After diapers and wipe and bottles and clothes and blankets I am not sure where I am going to pack stuff for me! Oh well I will figure it out and it is going to be so much fun to go to the happiest place on earth! Here is the head band she will mostly wear while we are in the park. It is just so cute! I love Minnie!It was labor day so that means dad had an extra day at home. It ended up being a really busy day. Dad read some books to Lenna. Dad really loves reading to her.We took a ferry ride over to Kingston from Edmonds to get crepes. The crepe place was so yummy. I already want to go back. I am also grateful I didn't know about this place when I was pregnant with Lenna because I craved crepes and we would be riding the ferry a lot if I had known about this place.

We went on the ferry ride with the Hungerfords. Their kids love Lenna and I think Lenna loves them back. Her is little Joshie hold Lenna's hand. It is just adorable. It was also a very fun trip/adventure.
After eating yummy crepes Jared, Lenna and I ran to REI to go get our newest toy that I call Bobinna, or bobby for short. Lenna did surprisingly well as we shopped for this stroller since she hadn't really napped all day. The idea for a jogging stroller came from me starting to like running more and more. So I figured I can justify this spending spree because one day we will probably have another kid and for the time being we can let Lenna put her toys in the extra seat. We truthfully haven't actually tried the stroller yet because Lenna can't know about sitting forward in a stroller till after Disneyland. I know once she sits forward and can see more things she won't ever go back to sitting in her car seat on the stroller. So bobbina will have to wait till after Disneyland and then the possibilities of walks and runs are endless! In short I am thrilled with my new toy!Speaking of car seats and preparing Lenna for Disneyland we have put Lenna to sleep in her car seat like every other day since Saturday. She actual falls asleep and stays asleep in it. This give me high hope that Disneyland will fair okay. We first tried this method of sleep at the BYU football game party we were at. As a side note congrats to BYU for the good football rating and win. It was a good game. Then on labor day we went to Auburn to visit our friends the McDaniels and it was late when we went home so Lenna had to sleep in the car seat. Lastly yesterday we did the car seat sleep method so we could drop Lenna off at a friends house so Jared and I could go on a date. We went to see the musical Wicked for my 2nd time and Jared's 3rd time. We love this musical and it is just fun to go to shows. Plus fun to go on dates!

Other news. I made Lenna a new head band. I went fabric shopping to get stuff for my dress and found spandex on sale! I think the head band is way cute! I am probably biased since I made it. Last of the very exciting news is Lenna has decided she can roll both directions!!! My babe is funny because once she has figured something out she just keeps doing it over and over and over again. Hence I can get videos of it for you all. She still only rolls one way in both directions so she doesn't actually go anywhere but back and forth but soon she will be moving all over the place! I am not sure I am ready but it is good to see her progressing!


The weekend is almost here and it is suppose to be sunny up here. Yay! Have a good rest of your week everyone!

2 comments:

Z said...

A double stroller eh? ;)

Jaymie and Justin said...

Lenna looks so much bigger already! They grow up so fast!