Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lockin' it

Yesterday Lenna and I headed to the locks with our friend Joel and his mommy Melinda. Not only did I learn a new road to get to Papa Johns faster from my house; I got to enjoy the beautiful crisp air of fall. If you don't know what the locks are you can check out the website about it at The My Ballard Website. However as a short recap it is a way to get from the sound into lake union. Also it is a great place to see salmon jumping when the salmon return at the end of the summer. We just missed the busy season for the salmon to return which happens in august, but we were able to see one silver salmon and a bunch of boats.

I think Lenna was more tired than interested in seeing the locks, but I had a good time.Joel and his mom had a good time too.

We didn't see many salmon but we saw a sea lion
On the way home Joel and Lenna held hands. I always think it is so funny when little kids hold hands. Deep down I think Joel was fascinated with the fact that Lenna moved and wanted to catch her...kind of like a game.
On another note of games, yesterday Jared and I went on a very short run, since I am not feeling 100% (I think the cold weather may have given me a minor cold), nonetheless we went running and every time I would get in front of the stroller so that Lenna could see me she would giggle and giggle. It was a big motivating factor to try and run faster then Jared just so I could hear her giggle. There is something about making your own baby laugh that just makes you happy!

Yay for fun adventures and now it is time for a nap!

1 comment:

Lindsey H. said...

Clever post title. I love naps! We went to the temple today and I told Tim I think it's a mistake to be there between 4-6pm. I'm so embarrassed when I can hardly keep my eyes open!