Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fall is definitely in the air

This week seemed to fly by. With Lenna's doctor appointment, a few babysitting adventures to help some of my friends out, and lots of shopping trips; the week has come and gone with a blink. I always feel that the week after vacations I tend to do more shopping then normal. It might be because I have to go grocery shopping, or maybe it is because I am more motivated to just get out of the house; I am not really sure. Regardless after a shopping spree to the grocery store, Costco, Walmart, and then on Amazon I think I might try to only go grocery shopping this coming week, but that probably won't happen since I really do love to shop. But a happy note I got lots of cool things this week like toys for Lenna, food, and my favorite shampoo, Biolage. Hooray for shopping!

Other adventures this week that do not involve shopping include going to the zoo with our friends Abby and Melissa. Which as an added bonus Melissa brought up our family photos which turned out so great! Thanks Melissa for taking them. I printed some of the photos off and got some frames (this was all part of my shopping spree adventures) so now family photos will be going up over our mantle as soon as we get around to finding nails and a hammer. It is sad to take down our wedding photo but time rolls on and I think it is important to have a family photo up =)

After our heat wave of 85 degree weather had passed and the temperature settled at and around high 60's I figured it was time that Lenna could start wearing some of her long sleeved onesies. It is not October yet, but it is close enough in my book to Halloween and I wanted her to wear some of her holiday outfits before she might out grow them! I included multiple pictures because her different faces in each of them make me chuckle.




Thank you to both grandma's for sending her such cute Halloween attire.

Lenna is definitely starting to be more aware of what is going on. She reaches for everything, bounces as much as she can, and when she drops something off her exersaucer she actually tries to look down to find it. She is still rolling around a lot. A funny story about her rolling: the other day I had put her down on the floor and went to the other room to put my contacts in. All of a sudden I started to hear her cry like she was hurt. So I went into the other room where she was and her body was trying to get into the kitchen but her head kept hitting the wall and stopping her from completely rolling over. As I was walking to get her (which isn't far since my house is tiny) she bonked her head like 4 times. You would think that if it hurt you would stop doing it, but nope Lenna was determined to roll into the kitchen. I have a very determined little girl.
Also this week we decided to start making Lenna put herself to sleep even if that means making her cry herself to sleep. It was a great idea. She has slept 2 nights all the way past 6 and today she woke up at 5 but after feeding her slept till 8am! This is a great improvement since starting around 5 months she decided she would wake up at random times and want her binky or want to eat, and it was making me one tired mama. So this means I am getting more sleep and I love sleep!

Today we took Lenna on her very first trip in the jogging stroller and her first time forward facing too. I am not sure she enjoyed it because she was tense looking like she looks in the picture for the entire 25 minutes she was in it. Oh well, at least Jared and I got some good exercise in right?

On random news I had a Zinnia bloom. We had gotten seeds from Butchart Gardens last year and I forgot to plant them so I figured I would plant them this year. I didn't think anything would grow, but after coming back from Disneyland we had this beautiful pink Zinnia. Moral of the story is it is better to try planting your random seeds than just throwing them away; you never know what will happen.
I have also decorated for Halloween. This is by far my favorite holiday to decorate for. I am not sure why since I don't actually like the color orange, but I make an exception for 6 plus weeks to decorate for Halloween and Thanksgiving.
To end my blog here are some random videos I wanted to share. The first video is of Lenna and her experience with a sippy cup for the first time. I think she likes to play with the sippy cup but she doesn't like water. Hopefully one day she will like water.

This video is of Lenna and family riding the Jungle Cruise ride. Lenna really loved riding all the rides we took her on. She was just so fascinated by everything.

Lastly this video proves how excited Jared was to be at Disneyland. This is a staged video because he started doing this as we were walking into California Adventure and I thought it was so funny I made him do it again so I could capture it on video.

Have a great weekend! Go DAWGS!

2 comments:

Jaymie and Justin said...

That story of Lenna trying to roll over is so funny. I love her Halloween outfits and your decorations!

The Davidsons said...

Oh how fun! I love Lenna in her little Halloween outfits! I love Halloween too! Trey made us decorate for Halloween a couple of weeks ago! It's so much more fun when you have kids!