Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Things I have learned this week

A few things I have learned or thought about this week.

1. Don't be friends with old people unless they are your family
Part B of this is don't become an old person. There are a few reason why I learned this this week, if you really want to know the details you can ask me, but in short I think being old is really hard. You don't feel well and you get lonely. So if I had to vote I think I would chose to die sooner then later, but hopefully I will be around for a 40ish more years.

2. Some kids cereal looks like dog food. Seriously think about it. Cocoa Puffs, Fruity Pebbles, Reese Pieces they all look like dog food, but they still taste nice and sugary.

3. Nothing is like a good night rest to make the next day better. Lenna has had an extremely hard week and when Lenna is not doing well neither is mom. But thankfully phone calls with my mom, help from dad, and Lenna sleeping through the night two nights in a row has made life much better!

4. I don't know how to sew using a pattern. If I can visualize it mentally I can sew it, but give me a pattern and the project is a mess. I guess that is why I only sew certain things =)

Anyway that is probably more then you all want to know, so to give you even more random facts I am going to to this get to know you thing my friend Ali tagged me in a very long time ago

It is called crazy 8

8 things I am looking forward to:

1. DISNEYLAND!
2. Disneyland...oh wait I said that so Witches!
3. Football season yay for fall I look forward to this every year
4. Moving to a bigger house in a few years with a garage
5. Seeing how big our family gets in the next few years
6. Running as much as I can so I can eat what I want
7. Getting my photo book done
8. My 30 year anniversary when we said we would go see the great wall of China

8 things I did yesterday:
1. Ran on my elliptical
2. Went to Sam's club and got 5 things which filled the cart
3. Had Lenna scream none stop from 3:50pm to 5:00pm
4. Talked to my mom so she could help me try and figure out how to help Lenna
5. Worked on the car seat bag to help protect the car seat when I fly
6. Played world of Goo
7. Ate a big bowl of ice cream since it was emotional to have Lenna scream so long
8. Got 5 swagbucks in one day!

8 things I wish I could do:
1. Go to western Europe, and Easter Island, the pyramids, and the entire world!
2. Sleep in whenever I wanted to
3. Have unlimited funds so I could live in a really awesome house
4. Live closer to family - I miss family events
5. Be a nicer person aka never ever say anything or think anything bad about anyone ever
6. Talk on the phone without any hesitation
7. Go to the temple more often
8. Know the future and where it leads me

8 Shows I watch:
1. LOST
2. Royal Pains
3. Price is Right
4. Burn Notice
5. Jon and Kate Plus 8 but I can't watch this anymore because after watching it one time I had a dream that Jared wanted a divorce so this show has been banned from our house forever!
6. American Idol
7. The News
8. Regis and Kelly while I run on the elliptical

8 favorite fruits:
1. Cantelope
2. Watermelon
3. Honey dew
4. Apples
5. Grapes
6. Strawberries
7. Oranges
8. Actually I don't really like fruit

8 Places I'd Like to Travel
1. Western Europe (England, France, Italy, Spain, Germany etc)
2. Egypt
3. Easter Island
4. Antarctica
5. The Presidents Heads aka Mt. Rushmore
6. China
7. Tahiti
8. Rio

The next part of the crazy 8 is to tag 8 people but I am just way too lazy, so if you want to do this feel free.

Okay on to what most people want pictures! Here are pictures of Lenna before she screamed her head off yesterday. She loves her exersaucer still and is becoming better and controlling her toys. She is also looking more grown up and her hair is starting to not stand straight up.

She is also getting taller so she can bounce and bounce. Check her out bouncing in the video.



After some help from my mom I think we narrowed down what has been going wrong the last few days. It is that Lenna loves green beans, but sadly green beans don't love her. Since she was extremely fussy a few hours after eating the beans for the last few days it has been decided to not do anything but rice cereal for a few days then maybe try squash. Unless someone else has a suggestion on a good/mild vegetable to try Lenna on. Seriously anyone have a suggestion? I don't want to do fruit yet because my pediatrician suggested not to do fruit till after a few vegetables since babies like sweet and won't want vegetables after having fruit unless they are already use to the taste.

Maybe by my next post I will have my car seat bag done to show off, and maybe if I get my act in gear the dress I have been sewing. However those projects aren't done and I am blogging, but I am grateful Lenna is napping right now and today has been 205% better then yesterday.

7 comments:

The Davidsons said...

Try to give her sweet potatos! The boys always loved them and since they are a little sweet they aren't as bad! But squash is good too! We also wish that you lived closer so that we could hang out with you more!

Evan and Holly said...

Some pediatricians say that about starting vegetables first. However, it is a toss up on whether or not that is actually true (50% of pediatricians say veggies first, 50% don't care). We switched off. One fruit, then one veggie, then one fruit, then one veggie, etc. Kyle's first food after rice cereals was pears. He didn't like the texture the first time, but after that we were golden. If you really want to stick to the veggies then you could try sweet potatoes. Kyle loves those. Even though we started fruit first, those are still his favorite over any other fruit or veggie. Or you could try carrots, but beware...carrot spit up stains. :( She might just need some more time before moving to anything more substantial than rice cereal. I'm so sorry to hear that she is upset.

One other thing, you mention how much she spits up. Have you had her checked for reflux? A LOT of kids have it (something like 60% or more). If she's getting older, it could be that her stomach acid has reached adult levels of concentration and are causing her pain. Don't worry though, it is easy to fix with a simple antacid. Kyle took an antacid for about six months. The reflux does clear with time if that is what is wrong.

I hope things get a lot better. It is hard when you're not sure what is wrong. Those are my suggestions. Feel free to ignore me or whatever, but I just thought I'd share.

54 canoe said...

I agree about the sweet potatos and squash. Our kids loved them. Cut into cubes, steam, mash and add water to desired consistency.

Your comment about not being friends with old people sparks my interest. Will follow up in person.

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear about the crying, I've been there. I wouldn't worry about the fruits vs. veggies debate. I've done both and don't feel like my kid cared either way. Sometimes it seemed like they liked the veggies better anyway. We tried Drew on the acid-reflux medication as well. He was a screamer/non-sleeper. The best thing I can tell you is that they do eventually stop. I was unsure for awhile and thought I would have 18 year old wailers!

The Thackers said...

So sorry to hear you've had a hard week. I like the sweet potaotes/squash idea. I also agree with Lisa. I don't think it matters if they start with fruit or veggies. Sam LOVED fruit and sweet potatoes and still loves the sweet things (he'll do anything for M &M's or fruit snacks). Lauren on the other hand could care less about fruit. She'll eat peas until the cows come home. Good luck figuring it out! It's so hard and unfortunately sometimes you just have to wait it out.

Sarah said...

I need to not think bad things about other people too... I am working on that. I don't say them, just think them. Lenna might like squash or sweet potatoes, peas, carrots. Ella liked all baby food veggies. It's the real ones that are hard to choke down. Good luck!

Alison said...

I switched between veggie then fruit then veggie then fruit, too. As long as they're getting both, you're golden. Lizzy Ellen scarfs down squash but also loves her pears. But no bananas or rice cereal for her sadly as they make her seriously puke. Poor little Lenna and those mean green beans! We used to prop Lizzy Ellen's mattress up at a slight angle to help any reflux issues when she was younger. It's all trial and error in the baby game. Good luck!