Saturday, August 29, 2009

Green Beans

Lenna and I have been crazy busy the last few days. On Friday after a walk with a friend we headed to Costco to get her a passport photo. Which if you ask me turned out really cute! Costco had a great set up to take the picture they used a child's car seat with a white towel to get her photo. It was super smart! Now all we have to do is go to the court house and submit her paper work, and hopefully in a month or two have a passport for Lenna so we can go to Canada or anywhere our hearts desire.

Then after all that we went on a wild goose chase to find boxes for some people in our ward that needed things packed up. After going to Seattle, and then to Redmond we collected over 40 boxes and a lot of packing paper too. My car was full! After arriving home from the second trip I took Lenna's carseat out and folded down the back seats and basically filled my car full of all this packing material. I would have taken a picture but I forgot.

With my car full Lenna got to go on her first trip in daddy's car. Dad's car is a lot smaller then mom's car so we had to move the passenger seat forward just to fit in her car seat. But she fit and that is the important part!

Today we basically stayed home, but our neighbors had a yard sale so we went and dad picked out some books for Lenna. He is very excited to read them to her. Dad really likes to read to Lenna.

Also today Lenna tried her very first non-white food, and very first vegetable. She tried green beans. Before feeding her she was very happy because she was well rested from her afternoon nap.
But when the green beans came to her mouth she wasn't so thrilled.
Actually she was upset and wondering what in the world we were feeding her.
But dad was determined for her to keep trying.
And trying and trying even if Lenna really was unsure.
But after a few bites I think she decided it wasn't so bad after all and started to help dad try and get the food into her mouth. See her hand around dad's?
She even opened wide and helped dad. This must mean she liked green beans!
Dad took the bowl away and she was reaching for more.
By the end she wasn't even all that messy!
If you want to see the green bean action live check out this video.

After her green bean experience we decided to head outside to get some yard work done. We took Lenna's excersaucer with us and she played in it with no complaints for around 45 minutes. I am SOOOO glad we bought the excersaucer it truly is a great toy! Jared pulled weeds and I cleaned off moss from our siding of our house. Here is before and after. I think it looks much better.Have a great rest of your weekend everyone!

2 comments:

The Davidsons said...

I can't believe that you had her eat green beans! I could never stand to feed those to the boys! Trey hated them and I don't think I even tried with Jack! I always gagged a little just from the smell! Good job getting her to eat them!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe you tried green beans for the first food. I think I would have gone for apple sauce or fruit something then the veggies. Your house looks awesome! It is amazing what a little yard work will do. The outside is our project for next year.