Thursday, August 27, 2009

Reverting back to old ways

This week has been pretty all over the place well for me...in all honesty my life is very easy so I really don't have much to complain about. Anyway so this post will be lots my ramblings and maybe some rantings but hey this is my blog you get to chose if you read it or not ;) For pictures of Lenna scroll down to the end.

So Lenna has decided that she wants to go back to the way things were like when she was 2 months old. I have read in books when she was first born that sometimes they revert back to old ways before doing something awesome. Kind of like the 2 steps back 3 steps forward process. I truly hope this is what is going to happen! Maybe she will start rolling over or something I don't know. But she has been getting up either at 2 or 3 or 4 am all over again. I really miss sleeping straight to 6:30am! My goal today is to put her down to bed earlier aka like 6pm instead of 6:30pm to see if this helps. I was going to try that yesterday but sadly enough Lenna and I took a nap from 4:30-5:30pm yesterday so that means she wasn't tired at 6pm...I have high hopes I can try the early bed time approach today!

Another example of reverting back to old ways is Lenna a few weeks ago decide it was okay to put herself to sleep for naps instead of needing to get rocked to sleep. I was uber excited since this meant more spare time for me! However today she has just screamed till I gave up and rocked her to sleep. Sigh. On a plus note she is sleeping right now which means I have time to upload some photos for those who want to see.

Oh another fun talent Lenna has gained recently, but this is not a reverting back to old ways thing, is she has an ear piercing scream! For those who have talked to me on the phone recently have heard it. She has decided this is her favorite way of communication right now. I think I might end up with permanent hearing loss!

But with all of this I still love Lenna. My motto you got to have some bad to enjoy the good! She has a crazy busy personality. I did not luck out with a calm baby, but oh well she is teaching me patience which I definitely need to gain.

On other random news apparently there is a craigslist ad for a house to rent in North Seattle the ad lists our house number as a contact info. It is very irritating since we aren't renting a house and the phone keeps waking up Lenna. I emailed the person to fix their ad, but we are still getting phone calls. I still like craigslist I just wish people were more responsible with their ads.

Okay on to the pictures! Earlier this week we went visiting teaching and the son of the lady we were visiting put his sunglasses on Lenna. She looked so awesome. I was trying to reenact the scene for Jared, so he took a picture. I think Lenna will like sunglasses just as much as her mom does!
Yesterday Lenna had on her denim skirt with her pink baby legs. I thought it was adorable. We had just woken up from our nap that afternoon and her hair was crazy, but I figured it was a good time to get a picture in her cute outfit. Again I was just going to post one picture but her faces are just to funny in all of them. They are in the order I took them.
Happy girl when she is well restedOh the flash went off!Dad came in so she was saying Hi DadOh ya mom is taking picturesI don't like pictures much, so I will look like a dinosaurShe is now wondering how many more pictures I will takeI told her just one more and I got a smile!
Okay there are my ramblings for the morning. I have high hopes that Lenna will sleep through the night tonight and we will make it to Walmart to go shopping since that is the only thing on our to do list today! Yay it is almost the weekend!

4 comments:

The Davidsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Davidsons said...

I hate to tell you this but I think that little miss Lenna might be teething! Jack stopped sleeping through the night as soon as the teeth started to come! It sounds like she is doing the same thing that he has done!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about all the backward moving with Lenna. Keep us posted on that huge steps she takes after this!

Laura and crew said...

Okay...I must be tired because I can't stop laughing at the 'I'm done with pictures so I'm going to look like a dinosaur comment.' So funny. Anyway, I can completely relate to the 2 steps back. It seems to be the way with kids. Joshua has started to revert back to the 'i only want mom to hold me' days and they're not the greatest. I'll just look forward to that ubercool thing he'll do next...