Monday, August 17, 2009

Amazon Picnic and Sunflowers

Last weekend was the annual Amazon family picnic. It is always a blast to go out to North Bend eat as much food as you want, and run around the farm doing all the cool activities. This year they had a photo booth. We took a picture of just Jared and I at first because Lenna was asleep but when we were headed home she was awake so we snagged a another photo shoot so we could have a few pictures with her.




We met up with our friends the St. Clairs. Luke is Jared's coworker and him and his wife had Leah a month after Lenna arrived. So here is a shot of the proud dads. Leah likes Lenna's binky holder, and Lenna doesn't even seem to notice she is sharing.
Here is a family shot (thanks Jen for taking it) we hardly ever get pictures with all three of us in them!While at the picnic we mainly played bingo and ate food. Mostly because I love playing bingo. Even if I don't win I just love to play. But we did wander around a bit and played mini golf using pool sticks.

Every kid got a kite (including Lenna) and it happened to be a great day to fly kites.
We had such a great time at daddy's work picnic and always look forward to going. Thanks dad for taking us.

On to the sunflower part of this blog. Our sunflowers are getting HUGE! One is taller then the fence and taller then me with Lenna on my shoulder!
We also have some smaller sunflowers that are still just taller then Lenna.
But truthfully Lenna likes to be taller then the sunflowers, she was much happier on my shoulders.
My sunflowers aren't blooming but at pikes you can get sun flowers. I have a perfect vase for huge sunflowers. So every August/September Jared gets my sunflowers to have at our house. Thanks love!


On projects so far this week. I fixed our door lock. It was really sticky and frustrating when I needed to get in and out of the house fast. But Lenna and I took a trip to Home Depot today and I sprayed the graphite lubricant into the key hole and ta da the lock works great! And as an added bonus mom and dad are much happier entering and leaving the house.

I am also working on my witch broom. I have had the material for this for like 2 years and now I am just finally getting around to it. Anyone who knows me well knows Halloween is my favorite holiday to decorate for. Which is strange since normally I don't like the color orange, but I digress. Since October is only a month and half away I figured I should get my witch broom in order. I will show the finish project, but as I stared out the window I couldn't help take a picture and tell you all that I kept thinking of the swifter mop/broom commericals that they have the old broom or mop singing the song "don't you want me baby...don't you want me baaacckkk" I hanged the broom so it was easier to spray paint and not have issues with the grass. It was Jared's idea but a good one in my opinion. That's the weekend recap. Over and out

3 comments:

Em, Dev, Alex Belliston said...

Great Pictures! Lenna is getting bigger & more cute everyday. Mallory you look great too.

Sarah said...

I love sunflowers! I used to buy them for myself when I first went to college to make me happy. They sure did make me happy.

The Davidsons said...

I'm still waiting for my sunflowers to bloom to! It seems like it will never happen! I can't believe how big Lenna looks in those pictures! She looks like she grew so much just from the last ones you put up!