Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Rice Cereal and things

Lenna's personality keeps coming out more and more. I think she is going to be a happy busy kid! At church on Sunday she must have been pulling some awesome faces or something because I had a few 8-10 year old girls come up to me and say that they just love my baby and that she is so cute. Following that a bunch of the old ladies like 4 of them walked up to me and said the same thing. I think Lenna was just being a show off at church. But I do agree that she is cute. I mean how do you not love a little gal that looks like this.
On Saturday we decided to try rice cereal. I think she did great. Maybe because I had low expectations, but I was impressed she ate some of it. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. Followed by a short video.

Later that day Lenna was pretty calm. Here she is just chilling with dad.

And then that evening she was so tired she fell asleep on my shoulder!!!! That never happens. It was so cute Jared took a picture. I am also holding the book we read to her every night before bed time. I am grateful that she sleeps so well at night.
Also this week the rain has returned (woohoo maybe our grass will green up a bit). Anyway yesterday Jared decided we should grill for dinner. He kept singing "I'm grillin' in the rain...just grillin' in the rain" So I had to take a picture. Thanks for cooking dinner Jared!If Lenna was older she would kill me for posting this next video but she isn't old enough to know I blog about her. So here is a video of her pooping. Yep she loves to poop in her excersaucer. I had to take a video of it because I think it is just hilarious and I had to change her diaper, so it is even right?


We also went to the zoo (again) with some other moms today. I thought the gorillas with the baby gorilla was adorable.I also finally finished the pink fluffy skirt for Lenna. I don't think I will be making one of these for a very long time! They are a lot of effort! But it turned out nice and she will be able to look really girly wearing it.
Other than that Jared and I have been keeping busy playing Zelda. Jared tends to figure out how to beat the level then he walks me through it right after. Aka my total playing time (which the wii shows you) is like 5 hours and his is like 15 for this game! It makes a huge difference when you know what you are doing I guess. We also did a lot of yard work this weekend. Jared took out a little tree and put the raspberry plant in. I fixed up our compost pile, and Saturday night we both got up on the roof and scrub off moss that was building up and cleaned the rain gutters. It was a very productive weekend. This week is full of lunches with old coworkers and college friends! The summer just keeps flying by; sooner then I know it will be fall!

6 comments:

The Davidsons said...

I can't believe that you put a video of her pooping! How funny! It was really funny because she looked just like Jack! Me and Richard were both laughing pretty hard! She is going to love you for that one day!

Lindsey H. said...

You guys are sure busy - I think it's great! Lenna will be happy and active just like her mama! Yes, our July had a lot of baby-related stuff in it. Sure makes me baby hungry!

I just sent an invitation to our blog. There was some weird guy/spammer commenting on multiple posts and I just decided to go private, at least for now. I miss our Sunday get-togethers!

Sarah said...

Too cute- what a silly little girl. Happy times. I also can't believe that it is almost fall. It's just crazy how fast the summer has flown by.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I love the pooping video! She is going to love that. hehehe

Tasha said...

So cute!! I'm looking forward to when I can feed Dev something other than formula.

The Thackers said...

That is so funny...I love it! Seriously, she is one cute little girl! I love that we get to see her so frequently and can watch her grow. :-)