Saturday, August 22, 2009

What is going on in Mallory's world


I will just preface this blog post that there are no pictures of Lenna and it is just me rambling about my random thoughts of this week. (Hey everyone needs a random rambling every once in a while right?)

This week has flown by! Actually looking back on the last few months I feel like this summer has flown by! We had some rain off and on recently which reminded me that in a few months or even weeks the winter or what we all call the rainy season will be upon us! This means walks around greenlake or anywhere get more difficult or simply wanting to spend time outside is more difficult. But I have figured out that I can walk malls when I need to not be in the rain, and I should consider getting a waterproof see through covering for the stroller so Lenna can still scan everything she sees, and I can just keep walking in the rain.

Yesterday we went to Amazon picnic # 2 for the week. Last week we had the whole company picnic and yesterday was just Jared's work group. The picnic was held on lake sammamish, and it was lots of fun. A bunch of Jared's coworkers just had kids so it was fun to see all the new babies. It was also really fun to hang out with our friends the St. Clairs again, and to see Jared's senior manager Rajiv and his family, as well as Ian and his fianace Sylvia. I am not sure why but I always look forward to seeing those specific people. Probably because they are super nice people and Ian and Sylvia tell great stories.
( On a side note it is strange everyone at Jared's work had kids, and everyone at church is having kids....maybe I am just entering the realm of life where everyone has kids...just as a few years ago it seemed like everyone was getting married strange how life has different phases!)

Today we met up with our friends the McDaniels. Melissa took family pictures of us. I am very excited to see how they turned out, and I am very grateful she would come up and take pictures for us! You can find her photo-blog right here. Plus it is always fun to have a picnic at Richmond Beach! There little girl Abby is just adorable and it was just so great to catch up. It had been forever since we had seen them!!!

The rest of this Saturday was filled with getting my witch broom completed, and random chores like vacuuming getting done. I think my broom turned out nice. The only down fall is the hot glue gun won the battle with my thumb, and so the burn on my thumb doesn't feel so good. I guess next time I will just have to be more careful.



My ginormous sun flower has started to turn yellow. It is going to bloom any day! I am so excited!!!!

The last thing we did before putting Lenna to bed today was we all went on a walk. While on my walk I was telling Jared how it seems so silly that I am trying to get back into good shape by running and doing sit ups and whatever else; because eventually we will probably have another kid and thus I will loose all my ab muscles again. I guess it is just a part of being a mother.

My last random thought is I started doing a blog every day just for Lenna where I pick the highlight of the day. It has been great. I love sitting down after Lenna is asleep and thinking of the highlight and writing it down. It helps me always end my day on a postive note with Lenna and I am sure that in a few months I will be glad I jotted down what was happening because it all happens so fast! Okay it is Zelda time now! Hope everyone who reads this is having a great weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the broom! Sorry to hear about your finger. I have gotten some good burns from a hot glue gun as well. About the exercising thing, you need to get in shape so it is easier during and after your pregnancy. I know you know you will feel better if you stay in shape.

Sarah said...

Cute broom! I kept wondering what it might look like. And I must confess I have already been thinking about Halloween-one of my FAVORITE holidays. And I am right there with you on staying in shape, more babies, the toss-up. I think you are on the right track. I am honestly surprised how much weight I gained after baby... I know I need to eat better and exercise more, but food is really hard for me.

The Mighty Quinns said...

Sounds like you guys have had a great/busy summer! I love to see how you guys are doing up north and see how big Lenna is getting.

Nana said...

Thanks for blogging. Your Aunt Gwyn loves to follow your comings and goings and loves you as well!

Gerritt and Melissa said...

We had so much fun too!! Thanks for the shout-out!