Friday, August 14, 2009

5 Months Old

Today Lenna turned 5 months old. I think it is funny to celebrate months of turning old, but they change so much that they are completely different in personality and looks about every month. So I guess you just have to celebrate every month as a milestone. I was deleting off old pictures on my camera to free up some space and was amazed at how big Lenna has gotten. I guess you have a hard time seeing the change when you see them every day. Here are a few pictures I took of her today. The first one is a bit blurry but she did not like the flash and would close her eyes every time the camera flashed in her eyes.



In addition to looking more and more like a little kid Lenna has started a new trend. She decided she would put herself to sleep. So for all 3 naps she took today I did no work other then wrap her up and give her a binky. It was impressive. For the last 5 months she basically has had to be rocked to sleep during the day. It was awesome she has decided she is a big enough girl to put herself to sleep. This might mean she won't be able to take a good nap anywhere other than her car seat or crib but I think it is cool she put herself to sleep.

Today Lenna might have had so many great naps (one was around 4 hours long!) is because she is catching up from the week. It has been a fun busy week at our house. We met up with my old college friends for lunch on Wednesday. We got to see Dan, Toai, Albert, and Megan! I always love seeing my old college friends and roommate! Then the next day we headed up north to have lunch with my old 777/767/747 coworkers. We got to see Dan, Nick, Jim, Jeannette, Terry, Cate, Rhonda, and Bob! It was so awesome! It made me miss work for the social aspects. I really don't miss day to day designing potties, but I do miss the people and the interaction with them. If any of you actually read this thanks for meeting up for lunch with Lenna and I and especially for treating us to lunch. But due to lunch Lenna was up for long periods of time and so she was lacking some sleep by the end of the week. I wasn't too worried because she was so happy to be at lunch and have people to smile and at look at, but I am glad she decided to play catch up on sleep today.

Also today was a lazy-ish day for me. I just didn't feel like getting anything done on my to do list. So after running/doing my normal work out, and Lenna was down for her long nap I went on craigslist and searched for things. Today I ended up actually buying something! I sent like 5 links to Jared one for a free piano, another for other kids toys, and another for like sci-fi books. I rarely actually end up getting things on craigslist, but today I couldn't resist. I am excited for Lenna's new toy! She won't be able to use it for awhile, but we have it nonetheless! I also wasted the afternoon by playing some more Zelda. The wii is becoming more addictive!After maneuvering the streets of Queen Anne which I couldn't have done with out my navigation in the car we headed to the sculpture park to meet up with dad!
Tomorrow is the annual amazon picnic! We are way excited to go since it is always a fun event.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that she is five months! Love the toy you found. I love craigslist. I just got 2 candle holders for free off of it this week.

The Davidsons said...

She is changing everytime I see her on here! Love her new car she will have so much fun! How lucky are you that she is putting herself to sleep! My spoiled babies would never do that and still don't!

The Davidsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

You have such a cute little family. Do you enjoy living in Seattle still since your life has changed to stay-at-home-mommy? It looks like it's lots of fun.