Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Grandma's request for more pictures is granted

So this morning I was gmail chatting with my mom also known as Grandma Princess and she asked me if I was uploading more pictures for her while we were chatting. I promptly said no; because I truthfully wasn't it. I think that Lenna has looked basically the same for the last week or so, and we haven't been having uberly exciting adventures just nice relaxing days at home, so the camera hasn't come out unless pictures are requested. Anyway after this conversation and Lenna woke up from her long (2.5 hour) morning nap I grabbed a few pictures while making her brunch or whatever meal she was on for the time being today. I was just going to post one or two but as I looked at them they kind of told a story about Lenna and her not so much love for the camera, so with that I am posting them all, and telling you the story that I see.

Here is Lenna chillin' not knowing I was taking pictures yet, and amazingly she is staying on her stomach. She normally last like 20 seconds on her stomach before rolling over.
Then she realized I had the camera and while smiling quickly looked away.
But I started singing to her one of her favorite songs (ABCs) and she looked in my direction. However you can see on her face she is not sure if she should be happy I am singing to her or upset I have the camera.
Up close shot of the I am happy but confused and not really sure what to think face. Notice her hair is getting longer but still standing straight up!
Then she started to have the look like really mom you can stop taking pictures.
After laughing with her she made a very brief smile. Notice she is starting to get on her knees. She is no where near crawling, but it is cute to see her progressing in movements.
Then she goes back to the stop looking at me face!
Followed by fine if you aren't going to put the camera away I just won't look at you.
So I put the camera behind my back and she looks back at me with a smile and I get a quick shot.
The end! Okay hopefully you liked the pictures. The story not so interesting. The only awesome part of this whole thing is Lenna stayed on her stomach for like 2 minutes without crying and without incentives of toys.

Speaking of toys. Yesterday Lenna and I went and got these awesome toys from a lady selling them off craigslist. I didn't put the legs on the activity table yet because it is easier to store without the legs, but I think she will like this toy. Plus the choo choo train is awesome! It makes noise and moves and has balls. I played with the train toy yesterday for like 20 minutes! I love getting cool stuff off craigslist. Lastly here is a video. Lenna stays on her stomach if I give her a toy, and then really only stays on her tummy long enough to explore the toy quickly and decide if she wants to take the toy with her when she rolls over or not. Also at the end of the video you can see she is trying so hard to figure out how to roll back to her stomach. She will get it one of these days and then she will be rolling all over the place!


Just a few more weeks till it is Disneyland time! I am getting very excited!!!

3 comments:

Grandma Princess said...

Thanks for the picture story. It is amazing how the little things are what gets us on our journey. The simple things are the best...but fluffy foo...foo seems to help top things off.Luvya=)

Tasha said...

Cute! I know how the grandma's are about wanting more and more pics! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the picture story! Her faces are so cute!