Monday, December 28, 2009

Stand up and Up and UP

This week Lenna has been practicing over and over how to stand up. With of course the help of a couch or chair or anything near by. I just think in the last 2 weeks it feels like she went from 9 months old to 12 months old. I keep telling baby Lenna to slow down and stay a baby for a little while longer. Sigh time must move forward though.

To make the best of this Christmas weekend we went on a few adventures. We walked through the trails of Hamlin park which is really close to our house maybe 15 blocks or so away. It is a beautiful park with lots of trees. It reminded me a lot of the Muir woods in California. I think we will go back to this park! Then another adventure we took was to the Bellevue Botanical Gardens. We made it with perfect timing. They have a light display that goes on at 5pm. So we got to the park at 4:40pm. We found great parking walked to the end of the park and within 5 minutes the lights came on. We then proceeded to back track seeing the lights and headed back to our car as the crowd started to get larger and larger. Both Jared and I were very happy to be leaving since the crowd nearly tripled in size in just 10 minutes!Here is a parrot made of lights before the lights were turned on. I think it looked cooler not turned on.
I think Lenna loved looking at all the lights.
I love this man.
A nice couple took a picture of all 3 of us.
On Sunday Jared didn't feel so well so we had a relaxing evening at home.
Dad didn't put her tights back on after church so you could see her lovely thunder things. Wow she has some awesome rolls still!
I like the attitude in this picture.
She loves this bouncy ball that looks like a rock.
Ahh I just think she looks cute with her pink dress and bow.
Dad says Lenna hasn't mastered standing up. But after putting Lenna down for a nap this morning I heard tons of screaming. Which is normal but I went in anyways to see what was up. This is what I found. Lenna screaming and trying to chew on her crib.
She wasn't to happy about being in her crib and me taking pictures of her screaming.
But she is getting really good at standing herself up. She even steps in place! I am so not ready for her to learn to walk but I think it will be here before I can even blink.



Other news I am working at finishing up some painting at our house. I only have one more door to paint and then I will be done with all the doors I am going to paint at this house! It takes me a long time because I have to strip the paint off the hinges and then paint. But my goal is to have the last door done by 2010. Also Lenna and I went running this morning. This was the first time I actually pushed the jogging stroller. Normally Jared does it but I was determined to run around greenlake so after dropping dad off at work Lenna and I ran. Luckily we made it around and Lenna didn't even fuss! Hope you enjoyed the new pictures of Lenna! Happy last week of 2009! Maybe it is just me but I feel like 2000 was just here and now it is 10 years later. Wow life really does fly by in a blink!

1 comment:

Lindsey H. said...

Life does go by in a blink! Lenna is growing up SO fast. I loved all your Christmas photos. Those botanical gardens look so pretty. We might have to check those out next year.