Monday, December 21, 2009

Utah Trip wrap up and the vacuum cleaner

And we are back. Lenna and I survived the airplane ride home. We have flown a couple of times now with Lenna but coming home this time was her first experience having to ride next to a complete stranger and having to sit on my lap. She got upset a couple of times but mostly she was good and there was a nice young couple who would play with her when she got fussy to distract her. I don't know if I will fly by myself without getting Lenna her own seat again because as she is getting bigger and more mobile it is hard to keep her on my lap.

On our arrival home Jared was kind enough to get me flowers. I love flowers. If I could have one wish with no care of money I would totally have a new fresh bouquet of flowers every week. But since flowers are not cheap and I am not crazily wealthy I will settle for flowers on occasion and love them because they are not a norm. Anyway the crazy part about arriving home was when I went to put my suitcase in what we call the garage; it isn't a garage it is a storage area attached to the house that use once by part of the garage, but the garage was converted into an extra room/storage area, but I digress. Anyway there was a dead mouse on one of the traps we set out. I hate dead animals and I hate alive or dead mice. So I immediately walked away and Jared took care of it. But on a happy note a dead mouse is the best mouse.

Okay onto the Utah recap. Lenna loved hanging out with her grandparents. She loves all her grandparents. After an exhausting round of crawling Lenna sat on grandma princess' lap and was in a trance while she got her back scratched. hmmm maybe Lenna will love getting her back scratched as much as I do! We tried new hair styles on Lenna here is her pebble look. I should do this look more often. I also love this picture. I wish I could just keep Lenna at 8 months old for like a year but sadly she must grow up, and wow it is happening so fast!
On Friday we headed to Salt Lake for the Sharp family Christmas party. We first stopped by in Magna to drop of Grandma Tygesen's gift. So we had to get a Jeaner picture. All of us have the middle name of Jean. I must get my height from my dad's side because I am way taller then my mom and grandma.
At the party we got to see both my brothers and their families again. Here is Lenna with her Aunt Tiffany, Aunt Megan, and cousin AnaBelle. AnaBelle and Lenna are the two granddaughters on my side of the family.
At the party Lenna got to see Santa again! This time he brought her a gift. It was a Tinkerbell toothbrush set if you are wondering and a snowman book! She isn't bothered by Santa at all but she was more interested in the present this time.
I love this picture below because Great-Grandma Tygesen and Great-Aunt Penny look so happy to see Lenna. I miss that we don't live closer to family so I can get pictures like this more often.
Well all good things must come to an end and we headed back to much warmer much greener Washington. The day after we got home we headed to a friend's house and Lenna crawled all over the place. Her little friends gave her animals to tote around on her back, and would have her chase a balloon around. She was exhausted when we got home to say the least.
Now that Lenna can get around and to places she wants to be I often find her chasing her dad around. It is really cute that she loves him so much. This morning she crawled till she found dad in the bathroom and just stared at him as he got ready. I think she may be a daddy's little girl over a momma's girl.
Also today I did some vacuuming. She chased the vacuum around and around. She didn't seem to like the vacuum hence the crying but yet she still chased after it. What a silly little girl we have.

We are looking forward to a quiet Christmas break filled with being airport taxis, zoo goers, and turtle watchers! Have a great week and Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Laura and crew said...

We're happy your back, but I echo you on it being nice to live around family so all your cute family pics you took would just be the norm, not an exception. Someday...

Anonymous said...

You make me feel exhausted just reading everything you have done. I hope you got to take a big nap! That is hilarious that Lenna hates the vacuum yet will follow it and touch it while crying. :) Kids make me laugh! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Jaymie and Justin said...

Looks like a fun trip to Utah! I love the vacuum story. Merry Christmas!