Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Change

So if you are keeping up with Lenna's statistics you will remember that she has a large head (just like her dad). This isn't a problem since she is big for her age so it is all well proportioned. The only down side is now that it has gotten cooler and when we take her on walks I feel the need for her to be warm and I have been having a hard time getting hats to stay on her head. However yesterday I had the light bulb go off and I remembered that my old coworker and friend Jeannette had made Lenna a very cute hat and mittens for her before she was born. After a few minutes of searching with a flash light last night because Lenna was asleep I was successful in finding these awesome accessories. This morning I tried them on Lenna and they fit perfectly! Yay! No more trying to get a hat that is really to small onto Lenna's head for her walk. I also think they are perfect colors for fall!In news of what is going on with us. I am now totally on the up swing and I am feeling around 95% healthy. The test results came back from the doctor and confirmed I had strep. Sadly I gave this to Jared. But he is on antibiotics now too, and he should be on the up swing today or tomorrow. Yay for drugs! The hardest parts about being sick was the normal feeling awful, but I also lost my voice and let me tell you I love to talk...a lot...and having no voice is the most painful thing ever when you want to say something!

Also this week, with getting some bigger sized clothing for Lenna, I decided it was time to start packing away some of her 6-9month stuff. I don't know how it is for other moms but changing her clothing is so emotionally difficult for me. I packed away socks that were so tiny but I remember her wearing them, and hats that were super tiny but she could wear those too. But it is good she is growing and it is just a part of life. Good thing we had left over vacuum seal bags from shrinking the love sac so that Lenna's clothes that don't fit anymore don't over take my storage shed!

Lenna is really loving to move. She either wants to be on the floor rolling around or sitting up playing with things. Her exersaucer is starting to be not as popular unless she wants to sit and chew on things. (She has been chewing a lot recently again, but still no teeth). Lenna really likes to play with balls and she loves to listen to her fish Dory. The videos aren't the best but it is hard to film and play at the same time.



I found my witch costume and it fits! Hooray! My hard work for 100 yards of double ruffle ribbon hasn't gone to waste. However I would like to do something more exciting with my hat, but I don't have any inspiration to do something new...maybe I will google for some cute ideas. My sister in law always does awesome things with her hat (I will admit; I am often jealous of your witchy creativity Meg). I have found though I am awful with patterns if I can look at something and figure out how to do it in my head I can do it, but give me a pattern to cut things out and things never turn out.

Other than the things mentioned I am just playing catch up on life from last week and trying to get the house back in order and things back into the normal routine. Happy Tuesday everyone!

3 comments:

Evan and Holly said...

I'm also packing away Kyle's 6-9 months clothing....however, Kyle is quite a bit older than Lenna. But I do wish I had some vacuum pack bags because Kyle's clothes are starting to take over my storage closet.

Laura and crew said...

I'm happy you're finally feeling better and I love Lenna's cold weather gear. She looks like she's ready to go to the pumpkin patch. :O)

The Thackers said...

I'm sorry you've been sick and I'm glad you're feeling better! I LOVE Lenna's hat and gloves, very cute. Anyway, hope to see you soon....