Thursday, October 8, 2009

New Big Girl Thing - Shopping while sitting in the cart

Lenna got to do a new big girl thing today. Recently she has loved sitting up, so I figured she is stable enough to ride in the shopping cart. I found her shopping cart cover washed it and waited for the day we needed to go to a store. Yesterday I wanted to go to Costco to compare some diaper prices and pick up a few things, so with that yesterday Lenna go her first cart experience. Only two words can sum up how she felt. Loved it! You can't really tell this from the pictures that she loved it, but every single person she saw in the store she gave a huge grin to.

I remember when Lenna was 6 weeks old and seeing her friends Lauren and Joel all rolling around and asking their moms when Lenna would be able to sit in the grocery cart. I yearned for this day. I really don't like hauling Lenna in her car seat or the Bjorn while shopping. Thus yesterday was a big day for me. So at Costco I bought myself some flowers. I also bought Halloween candy. Does this mean I bought myself chocolate and flowers? I guess so. Oh well I love my flower arrangements and I guess that is what matters. Jared asked who sent me flowers...so I must have arranged them how a florist might.Remember my description of Jared babysitting and working a post or two ago. Well since he had strep he stayed home on Tuesday and while I was taking a shower his multi tasking skills came out again. Not as good as the first time but still funny!
Yay for adventures and being able to get out of the house for more then a walk again. I even ran my 3 miles yesterday and it felt great! I love not being sick!

4 comments:

The Davidsons said...

I love the picture of her in the cart! I always loved when my boys were big enought o sit in the cart it is like a whole new world! But I must say that I noticed that Lennna isn't wearing socks and when Pam sees this you are going to be getting the "why isn't Lenna wearing socks, don't you know that it is October and cold outside" lecture! But I love that her feet are just swinging in the breeze! Way to be a rebel!

Jaymie and Justin said...

Lenna loves riding in that shopping cart. I love the big smile on her face!

The Thackers said...

Congrats! You've reached a new level of freedom in mommy-hood. Maybe I'll see you at Costco one of these days. My kids LOVE Costco. I'm embarrassed to admit how many times we eat lunch there in a week. Anyway, I seriously can't get over how cute Lenna is. She's so adorable and has such a cute personality! It's been so fun to watch her grow from a newborn to a baby and now she's turning into a little girl! :-)

Alison said...

So where did you get that shopping cart cover? Did you buy it or make it? If you made it, where did you get the pattern. Lizzy Ellen could sure use one!