Saturday, October 3, 2009

What happens when you are sick

This week has been a very long week for all of us. Jared was super busy at work with being paged all night and day and finishing up a big project, and I got an awful cold which may or may not be strep we are still waiting for the results. Anyway so you may wonder what happens to the Lundells on weeks like this; well honestly, not much. Getting the laundry done and making it alive to bed time seems like an accomplishment to me this week. So I didn't take many pictures this week, oh well maybe I will do better next week.

Lenna has gotten a form of cradle cap yet again. I am not sure if we just don't scrub her head enough or what not but I feel like I am always battling her scalp. Well with lotion in her hair it makes it easy to style. I did two styles the Mohawk and then I parted her hair. I didn't take any pictures of the later but the Mohawk was super awesome.
We also took a lot of short walks because Lenna is used to getting out of the house at least once a day. I think she is really starting to like sitting in the stroller this way. She doesn't even need her binky on walks anymore.
If you are curious how life was managed at our house while I was too sick to function; in short it was interesting.There was one moment that was great, but sadly enough I was not well enough to think about taking a picture but I drew a sketch below. Jared was kind enough to come home early Wednesday and Thursday but on Friday I was too sick to do anything. So he stayed home and took me to the doctor. Lenna loved going to the doctor. Probably because there was people there to tell her she looked cute and smile at her. She is such a ham. Anyway as I walked into Lenna's room I see Jared on the floor with Lenna. Lenna loves to sit but she hasn't figured out how to be stable 100% of the time so she needs a few supports here and there. So Jared being the smart guy of the house had stuck his left leg straight out bent his right leg to form an easy V for Lenna to be secured in. Then he set his laptop on the other side so he was multi-tasking! Working and babysitting Lenna!!! I give it 5 stars for creativity. I wish I had taken a picture....Running has been non existent this week. Hopefully I will get better soon so we can really start to train for the 5K we are running on Thanksgiving. But thankfully Lenna has done really well she has picked up a minor cough but is happier then normal and mastering her skill at picking things up. Since I lost my voice for two days she keeps staring at me but every time I smile at her she smiles back and that is a really great feeling!

Also while being sick I couldn't sleep very well, and thus I had a lot of down time to think about random things. So here is my soap box. I thought about the health reform debate. I am not normally political at all but honestly I agree that the whole health thing of the US needs changing but I am tired of hearing people say that everyone deserves health benefits. Most of these people want to have health benefits that exist now, but there is no way possible that the government could afford this type of health insurance. If the masses want to move to a Canadian type health reform them I guess we live in a democracy and that is what is to happen, but that means no one that has cancer or anything life threatening can be treated. I do however think that it would be nice to have prices posted for services and not have to play the guessing game of how much is this health bill going to be. It would also be nice to not have such a huge difference between what you pay with health insurance and with out. For example I had a pregnancy test last year when we found out we were going to have Lenna. If I had not had health insurance it would have cost me 40 bucks but with insurance it only cost 5 bucks. That is crazy ridiculous. It would also be nice to teach people how to take care of themselves. I feel like with the government and all the bail outs no one has the guts to say oh wait how are we going to pay for this....we are leaving a huge debt that will have to be repaid by ourselves and our children....I actually will be impressed with who ever finally says enough is enough and raises taxes to get our debt under control. Okay I am off my soap box....


In happy notes witches is coming up! I am way excited. This just means I need to find my witch costume. Lenna and I will be traveling a lot in the next few months...gotta use up all our free airline tickets before they expire. Hooray for visiting family!

6 comments:

Tasha said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you are feeling bad! I hope you feel better soon.

On the health care debate, I just want you to know that up here in Canada that the health care also covers treatment for Cancer, anything life threatening, basic health care, etc... The treatment up here is almost identical, but it just cost less and we always have it no matter if we lose our job, etc.. I don't know where you heard that we don't get treated for cancer or anything life threathening, but that sorce is incorrect. Yes you might hear some horror stories about waits, but those are rare and vary from city to city depending on the demand. All I know is that I have experienced both and have talked to others that have had some extensive treatments done and Canada's health care plan is far superior then what is going on in the states. Besides I don't think going to Canada's system is Obamas plan I think he is just going to give an option of cheaper health care for anyone if they want to purchase the plan, so you wouldn't even have to change if you didn't want to. He is allowing everyone to choose but he just wants the option there. I really think this might help regulate the health care insurance companies. I think they are really charging an arm and a leg and I am sure there are ways to make things cheaper.

I also agree that people need to be taught about being healthy or some sort of incentive for being healthy so there won't be as many constrants on the health care system. I could go on and on, but I will spare you. I am always open to talking about the pros and cons about Canadian health car vs. American's. I know Canadian health care is not perfect but I do know from experience that it is a whole lot better then the American system.

Evan and Holly said...

I went to Gardner Village for the first time on Friday. It was Wee Witches Weekend (UEA), they had all these kids activities at every store, and there were people in costumes, and costume parades. It was really fun and cute. I couldn't stop thinking about you because I know how much you like that place and how you go, even down from Logan. I even told my friend I was with about you and how much you love Gardner Village. She does too and we only live 10 minutes from it--but I'd never been. Every time my friend has a bad day though, she goes :)

The Davidsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Davidsons said...

I can't believe that you put her hair in a mohawk! She looks so cute! I'm getting super excited for the witches I've almost finished my costume! I hope that you start to feel better it is no fun being sick when you have a baby to take care of!! Feel better soon!

Sarah said...

I love the mohawk. So cute! and I am so sorry you are sick. It is NO fun... I know. And it IS an accomplishment when you can do a load of wash, cook dinner, or get out of bed on days like that. So, rejoice in it!