Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What Lenna is up to

Since dinner is prepared and ready to be put in the oven, my house is relatively clean, and Lenna is taking a late afternoon nap; I figured I would take this opportunity to blog since grandma loves to get pictures and blog stalk.

I took a few photos of Lenna when she reached 7 months 2 weeks ago, but with our trip to Utah I forgot to post them. Here is my favorite because she is playing with her favorite ball. Yep, that is right, Lenna loves balls. She will play with any ball for minutes straight. (Minutes is a long time since she is only up for about 2 hours or less at a time). I wonder if she is going to like trucks and cars too. Hopefully she will still like to get dressed up all girly even if she likes toys that are more for boys. Here is another 7 month shot. I had gone in to the laundry room to take stuff out of the dryer. I had left her on the other side of the room and when I walked and saw her completely on the other end of the room in she gave me this look like "Ooo see look I can move everywhere, especially when you aren't looking." Child proofing is slowly happening at our house.
Yesterday I put Lenna in her Witch onesie. She was suppose to wear it to witches but I never got the chance to put it on her since we were going everywhere so fast.
Lenna is really starting to give more and more of her opinion. She gives me attitude picture shots like below, and she wiggles everywhere to get out of things she doesn't want to do. The hardest thing right now is changing her diaper since she is moving all over the place. Unless I distract her with a toy then I have a few seconds to get a clean diaper on her without feeling like I am wrestling a pig.Lenna is also very flexible. She wants to be sitting up on her bum as much as possible. She knows she can't get to this position on her own so once she is there she will bend in half to reach toys just so she can stay in the sitting position. Today I watched her for a good 2 minutes lean back really far and lung forward to grab a toy that was literally just out of reach. After watching this I took pity and moved the toy closer, but then she didn't want to play with it. She is one silly girl.In the last few days she has gotten pretty good and picking up her Gerber Puffs and putting them in her mouth and actually eating them! (PS thanks Meg for giving them to Lenna she really likes them and it keeps her quiet at church!) I think Lenna likes eating even if she is a really loud eater. She still has no teeth, but one day they will come.

In other news we had play group at our house so I moved the furniture in the living room around. It is amazing how placement of furniture can change the whole atmosphere of a room. It will probably go back to the old way, but right now I am enjoying the change. I must be on a change mode because I changed my hair to short and brown a week ago and I am enjoying that change too. I will probably change it back to blond but for the moment I am enjoying the closer to natural look. In addition I really like that I don't just put my hair in a pony tail every day too!

I also discovered that I really enjoy shopping for grocery deals. I am not a coupon fanatic, but I do enjoy finding coupons I know I will use and watching it reduce my price. Today we went shopping for groceries and saved 43% so on my 38 dollar purchase I saved 29 bucks! I also realized that every time I go grocery shopping I buy ice cream. This is probably not so good for my hips. Maybe I need to up my work out for more than 30 minutes, or give up ice cream...the longer work out seems more feasible.

We are also really looking forward to Halloween. Here is the card Lenna sent out to her Great-Grandparents and other family members. She is going to be a cow for Halloween. (PS Thanks Laura for lending us the cute cow costume).We have a few parties, and on Friday we are going to visit dad at his work with Lenna all dressed up. I love Halloween and I am kind of sad to see it be here this weekend since then I will have to take down some of my decorations...luckily the pumpkins stay up till Christmas decorations come out =) Yay!Happy mid-week everyone!

5 comments:

The Thackers said...

A few thoughts...
1)I can't believe how long Lenna's hair is getting!
2)I've been thinking about going back to my natural hair color (brownish) too. I can't wait to see your new do. :-)
3) Love your Halloween card.
4) Lenna is just so darn cute!

Lindsey H. said...

Oooh...can't wait to see your hair! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever...Will you be at trunk or treat? If so, see you on Saturday!

Laura and crew said...

You changed the hair? You changed the house? Lenna's a cow? Wow...so many changes... Hope to see it all soon!

Anonymous said...

Post some pics of your new hair!

Tasha said...

I love all the different Halloween outfits, she is so adorable!