Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Da-Da-Da-Da

Greeting from the rainy Northwest. Lenna is getting more toddler like every day. She is starting to get into everything. She especially loves getting into things I don't want her to play with. I guess child proofing is starting to happen! If I am not in the same room as Lenna, when I come back into the room she is always some where different then where I placed her. The other day we were packing for our Utah trip and she decided to get herself under her crib. She thinks it is funny.
Lenna has also learned how to say da-da-da. She started doing this last night. Right before we put her to bed she seriously said da-da-da for 40 or so minutes. I asked Jared why he wasn't recording this since it sounds like his title, but by the time we got the flix camera out she wasn't really talking. So in the video below which is just for the noise you hear more ya-ya-ya with the occasional da-da mixed in.

Yesterday we went on a fun adventure to Kingston via the ferry. I got to eat crepes, my friend got to get a toy for her 1 year old, in short tt was a win-win trip for everyone involved! Today Lenna and I spent most of the day shopping. We went to Fred Meyer because the ball popper toy was 1/2 off but they were all out.
On a side story while at Fred Meyer I was walking with Lenna in the cart and this old lady says "Oh how cute" then proceeds to tell me to stop multiple times. I don't know about you but I find it a little odd when I am moving at a fast past that someone tells me to stop so they can play with my baby. I just told the old lady we were in a hurry and couldn't stop. I don't mind people coming up to Lenna when we are stopped but to ask me to stop just seems weird. Also while checking out I had a 6 year old keep saying "look mom, look...the baby is so cute." Seriously Lenna is a ham!

Okay back to the ball popper subject. Well I was determined to get 1/2 off on this toy. I had bought it for Lenna already at Walmart a few weeks ago. So I decided to drive up to Walmart with the Fred Meyer weekly ad and ask if they would do a price match. I also had a manufactures coupon. The sad part is the manufactures coupon that I printed didn't work. I don't know why it just said invalid, but the happy ending is they priced matched! Which means I saved 10 bucks on this toy! Woot for saving money on toys!

Lastly for this post; I finally finished a project that I started on I feel like forever ago. The idea started back in June, but I didn't actually start until the end of August. Anyway I had an extra bridesmaid dress due to the unfortunate event that someone was unwilling to come to my wedding, so one day I tried on the extra dress. It mainly fit except it was about 8 inches to short for me. Here is a picture of my lovely bridesmaids. I think they all look cute.
Anyway after doing some asking around Jared's sister had the extra fabric, so that I could add to this extra dress I had. After getting the fabric in July I wasn't super sure what I wanted to do exactly. But a few cuts later and a bunch of time on the sewing machine I fixed me a new dress that fits! The best part is the length. I always have a hard time finding dress that are long enough. It is a little bit fancy but I think I can still wear it to church!In other news my witch hat is ready I just need to finish packing and off to Witches Lenna and I go! I am way pumped! Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Evan and Holly said...

When are you coming down to Utah. Are you going to Gardner Village? We live like two seconds from there....

The Davidsons said...

Oh I can't wait to see my little Lenna! I'm so excited about the Witchs and that was a nice little zinger to the "person" unwilling to come to your wedding ;)The dress looks great! Can't wait to see you guys!!

Lori said...

The dress looks awesome! Your little Lenna is so dang cute