Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat...well just Treats!

Happy Halloween! I can't believe it is basically November. Where did the month go? We had a great end to the month. Lenna was a cow for Halloween. On Friday Lenna and I headed downtown to meet dad for lunch and then go trick or treating at his office. Lenna received her very first piece of candy in her bucket via dad. However we still haven't fed her a candy bar. Dad did give her some of his crunch bar in small pieces to her today though.
While at Dad's office we ran into our friend Leah. Luckily her mommy took a picture of these two. (PS Jen I took this pic off your fb). These girls are only a month apart. I hope they are friends when they get older because they are just so much fun.The night before Halloween I told Jared we needed to carve at least one of the pumpkins. So I grabbed Lenna's. After cleaning the guts out, I placed my safety glasses on and began to drill. Personally I think everything is better when you use power tools! Since I had an eye accident a year or two ago I always wear safety glasses when using power tools. Jared thought it looked so much fun he asked if he could drill some of the pumpkin. I gave in. Here is the finished product all lit up. It is Minnie Mouse if you can't tell.On Halloween Jared was Mickey Mouse and I was a caution cone.
Lenna was pretty happy most of the day even without having as much sleep as she normally gets.In the afternoon we headed over to the eastside for our friend Leah's costume party. We had such a fun time seeing all the other babies all dressed up in really cute costumes.
After all that excitement we headed home, and waited for trick or treaters. I didn't think we would have more than 20, but life surprised me and we had 41! That is a lot for us. Lenna is sound asleep, and we are hoping we aren't getting up at 5am with going back to standard time. We as adults understand time changes but Lenna who is on her own schedule doesn't quite get that yet. Oh well, it will all work out. Hope everyone had a very Happy Halloween!


4 comments:

The Larsen's said...

Super Cute! The 1st Halloween is always a memory!

Nana said...

Absolutely adorable! She is so cute! Glad you had such a fun first Halloween with Lenna~

Anonymous said...

Love your costumes! Using a power drill to carve the pumpkin is so creative!

Evan and Holly said...

By the way, I love the drill idea and told Evan about it because I totally want to do it next year. However, we have lost the battery charger for our power drill and it ran out of batteries. So I don't know when it will be functional again :) Hopefully by next Halloween.