Monday, October 26, 2009

Retail Therapy and the Phone Fear

I have decided that I must be on a shopping therapy session. I don't know if it is the rain or if it is the lack of not having tons of people around, or if it is because the people I normally hang out with are sick. Nonetheless I am definitely on a shopping roll. This is probably good and bad. I got some new clothes which frankly I needed; mainly to "update" (whatever that means) my style. The good thing is that it has forced me to clean out many items from my closet. Some of these items come from high school days. Though I enjoyed wearing them during high school that was 7 or more years ago and it is probably their time to head to the DI. Other items on my shopping adventures are not so needed which means the shopping sessions are not so good. For example Jared and I headed to the rummage sale at Lake Side High School this last weekend. I found many items like Christmas decorations and frames, plus I found these tulips that made me think of my mom. So she is getting them next time I go to Utah.
Also at my Kohl's shopping adventure I found this huge candy cane. It reminded me of my coworkers that decorated our row at work. We were called candy cane lane and I just had to get it.
Now shopping is great but I don't have all that much storage space or space in general in my house, and really I don't need most if not all the stuff I have gotten. Probably the most humorous to me is the only thing I really need I haven't bothered to go shopping for; which if you are curious it is a bottle brush since I broke my current one. Thus my new goal this week is to seriously look around my house to see what I don't ever use and send it to the DI. I am definitely not going to stop shopping, but maybe I will try to stay away from the stores minus the grocery store for the next few days.

Does anyone remember these awesome phones? My parents had a few of them. Actually I think my mom still has one that works. I even remember when you actually had to go in a circle to call the number and not just push the buttons. Dialing long distance took forever, but I digress.Anyway I am totally afraid of the phone. I hate calling people (except my mom). Seriously today I gmail chatted with Jared for like a while getting up the courage to call my doctor's office to phone in a prescription for me. The funny part is when I finally went to grab the phone I figured out that some how the mix up all got fixed and I don't need a new prescription after all! Yep that means I successfully avoided having to use the phone!!! Some people have phone fears of calling people. However my phone phobia goes both ways; calling and receiving phone calls. I am a text messaging and email fan. I am trying to get over my phone phobia by making it a point to call someone at least once a week that isn't a family member and I hope one day I will be able to pick up the phone with no fear. But this week is not that week.

In other news Lenna has decided naps are too boring. Since she has figured out she can move around in her crib she would much rather do that than sleep. However moving around is exhausting and since sleep doesn't occur melt downs happen. I think I will need to pay more attention to when she is ready for a nap so when I put her in her crib she just falls asleep.
Okay I am off to work on one of my many unfinished projects. Adieu!

4 comments:

Laura and crew said...

Lenna looks like a toddler in her bed. Pretty soon she will be knocking at her door during nap time and you'll be trying to ignore her so you can continue the online shopping spree...hypothetically, that is. Good luck with the D.I. clean out!

The Davidsons said...

I think that the phone fear must run in the family! As much as Richard in on his phone he hates to call and answer his phone also!! I miss little Lenna already :(

Alison said...

I was at an old lady's house last week and she has one of those phones with the circly thingamabob that she still uses, oih! Oh, and I have a phone phobia as well. We should make a facebook support group as well as a "dejunk the house" support group! Hehehe!

Grandma Princess said...

Yay! Wood tulips...