Friday, October 23, 2009

Wrap up of Utah Trip

We had so much fun hanging out with Grandma Princess and Grandpa Stud all week long. It is really nice to have other people around to entertain Lenna, baby sit Lenna, and to have someone to go shopping with. Lenna was an incredibly happy baby except for one day where she missed her afternoon nap. If she decides to keep this personality/behavior up I will be one happy camper. But we will see how it goes now that we are back home and it is just me to entertain her.

Doesn't she look like she is having fun playing with Grandpa Stud?
Grandma Princess entertained Lenna a lot while I changed her pants and other random times.
Lenna in grandma's pumpkin patchClassic stair picture.Saying goodbye to grandma and grandpa at the airport!Does anyone ever wonder why no one ever says bad things about their trips? I think everyone has bad moments. We started and ended the trip with delayed airplanes. I thought Lenna would be not doing so well, but she slept on both airplane trips! Also my parent's bathroom filled with mud while we were there. So I helped clean up. The phone company apparently punctured some pipe. It was messy and my parents were irritated but it is all fixed now! Lenna had a hard day when she didn't get naps, and she pooped a ton more then normal. Have I ever mentioned I don't like changing poppy diapers? However, over all the trip was great! Lenna slept great, ate great, and we enjoyed spending time with family and friends! While in Utah Lenna learned how to sit better and know it is okay if she falls onto her back. She is working at and is getting better at holding her own bottle and getting it to her mouth. She also tried the Gerber Puffs and she has decided after a few tries that she really likes them. She is growing up so fast these days!

Since we have been home we went shopping and picked up my engagement ring. For the last 2 weeks I have been wearing my anniversary ring which is a half size to large. My engagement ring had some loose side stones, but every time they tried to fix it the problem would appear again. So they just gave me a whole new band (in the same style of course). It is amazing how clean and new it looks. I forgot how dirty my ring gets as I wear it.Lastly Lenna is working on grabbing small items. The only problem is she hasn't figured out she can put them in her mouth. But here is a video for you to watch!

This afternoon I discovered Lenna rolling around in her crib. Looks like the crib bumpers will be coming off very soon, and before I know it we will be lowering the crib mattress. Anyway hope everyone has a great weekend. We are off to Costco to grab the Halloween cards I designed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! Hopefully you caught up on your sleep as well.

Lindsey H. said...

That looks like such a fun getaway. Lenna makes a cute little witch. :)