Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Denim Dresses

Greetings! It is still raining here A LOT! It rains so much that my walks are now consisting of walking up and down near by malls and large stores like Home Depot, Lowe's, and Costco(all of which is dangerous since I love to shop!). I hope that Seattle decides that real rain can go away and our normal mist will return. However Lenna has actually been enjoying the stay home time. She is really into practicing her ability to get from the sitting position to her knees. She is also starting to move forward ever so slightly in a kind of army crawl. I think by the end of November she might actually be on the move. This scares me because then I will probably be chasing her around the house, but it is nice to see her progressing. However, we still haven't seen any teeth, but they will come. Here are some pictures of Lenna from the last couple of days.

I think that denim dresses are so pretty on little girls. I just love this dress. But I couldn't get Lenna to look at the camera. She was to busy chomping on her giraffe and looking at everyone else around.
She is looking forward but still not at the camera.
Closer but still not at the camera.
Oh wait! What is over on the other side of the room.
Come on mom I really don't want to get my picture taken.
Fine hurry up and take my picture, but I am not smiling!
Saturday we did a lot of yard work and ran some errands. I had Lenna in her Minnie Mouse onesie and couldn't resist the bow and black sweat pants. Yep I know I made my daughter look like Minnie Mouse.
She was more interested in eating her bow then getting a picture taken.
Even after I tried to put the bow back where she couldn't reach it as easily.
But we finally convinced her it was okay to smile.
I am sensing a pattern of Lenna being to busy for pictures nowadays. Oh well I guess you will get more and more side pictures then one of her actually smiling at the camera. Or maybe it is a phase that will pass...who knows only time will tell.

In other news I love checking out blogs that are all about saving me money or getting me free stuff. If you actually go to my blog and not just Google reader you can see I like to look at freebies for mom and the bargain Jargon. I will give my friend Melissa M. the credit for telling me or having these blogs linked to her blog. (Thanks Melissa for helping me learn how to find awesome deals!) Anyway this week has been a great week for me in both of these blogs. 1st off the freebies for mom had a 50 photo cards for free link which I made my Christmas cards from. Below is a picture I took of Lenna yesterday in attempt to get a cute Christmasy looking photo of Lenna for the Christmas cards. This is not the picture we put in the Christmas card you will have to actually wait to get your card to see which one I put in. But I think she looks so cute not to share her looking all excited with so many balls around her. Lenna loves balls in all shape and sizes. I had a hard time having her look at the camera because she was too busy playing. The next awesome thing about blog stalking was I won a give away from the Bargain Jargon blog. I can say it totally made my night to get an email saying I had won. Now I can go grocery shopping and buy whatever I want and not just things I need! This was totally unexpected which I think makes it even more awesome. I guess you can say it is always good to just randomly enter contest because you never know when you will be the winner Hooray!

Also this week I have been busy preparing a talk for church. It has been well over 2 years since I have spoken in Sacrament meeting and I am a little nervous to give a talk, but it has been good to study the topic given to me and hopefully I can give it without speaking to fast. Well the book club book arrived at my door a few minutes ago, and Lenna is napping so I think I am going to curl up on the couch and do some reading. Have a good day!

1 comment:

Lindsey H. said...

Love that Christmas picture! Good luck with your talk and let me know if the book club book is good...I have a copy reserved at the library so I'm hoping it will come in soon. I need to read something besides textbooks!