Thursday, November 5, 2009

Love - Hate Relationships

Yesterday as I was driving to get a craigslist find over on the east side I discovered I have a lot of Love/Hate relationships. For example: I love craigslist. I love being able to find fun things for Lenna cheaply which allows me to get more fun things for her. However, I hate craigslist because you never know what you are going to get, who you are going to deal with, and the suspense of not knowing if you are going to be the one to get the item. I thought of this because I had emailed a person to get two toys from her earlier this week. She said I could come get them I told her what time I would be available. The next morning she emails me and was like there is 1 other person in front of you if they don't show up you can have them. Ugh! I was annoyed. I thought I had won the prize and now it was all up in the air. I don't like people who are no shows solely because then everyone is paranoid that everyone will be a no show and it is a waste of everyone's time. Well the earlier person was a no show, I guess that is lucky for me, and I picked up the two toys below for 4 bucks! I would have liked to not have the whole drama of not knowing in the morning, but I love the 'new' toys.
I also have a love hate relationship with my elliptical. I hate running on it. It makes me sweaty and tired and I feel bad if I don't spend time on it. But I love that it allows me to keep eating all the junk food at my house with out gaining weight...it is probably good for my heart too.

I love and hate LOST. I love the show and the fact that there are so many unanswered questions. I hate that it is the last season this coming year. It makes me sad!I love and hate the internet. I love that is provides me ways to shop and compare and give me information. I hate that I waste so much time doing NOTHING on it. I am trying to spend less time checking my email, so far I have done better this week.

On the same lines I love and hate blogging and blog stalking. I love that blogging gets my mom off my back for sharing pictures of Lenna, and it allows me to document Lenna's life. I also love love love Lenna's own blog and writing in it often about what she does on a day to day basis; it is so fun to read a few months back and see how much she has progressed. I do however hate that blog stalking often times makes me feel like life is so much greener on the other side while it is pretty green in my own pasture. But I love knowing and feeling connect with my family and friends that live near and far. I also love it when people comment on my blog, and don't like it so much the people who read my blog but never ever leave a comment. You shouldn't have comment on every post but I think occasionally it is nice to give a shout so people know you are reading. But then again it might be bad to know how many people read your blog when you only thing like 5 people read it. Advantages and disadvantages to both sides I guess.

I love sleep but I hate taking naps because I am super duper grumpy after I wake up from naps! However I love when Lenna naps and that she is such a great napper. It gives me ample amount of down time that I normally spend wasting it on the computer. LOL!

I love hate/yard work. It is a never ending battle, with the yard winning most of the time. However it looks so nice when the yard has been weeded or the lawn freshly cut.

I love having projects to keep me busy, but hate that there are so many unfinished projects happening all at the same time.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disneyland! But hate that it is too far away that I can't go all the time. If only southern California was closer...On a side note I bought Toy Story Mania yesterday while shopping at Costco. So whenever I need a Toy Story Ride moment I put on the 3D glasses turn on the Wii and it is almost like I am in Disneyland =) Hooray!

I love Lenna but I don't like the fact that she still will wake up and wake me up occasionally in the middle of the night. Luckily all I have to do is stick her binky in her mouth and go back to bed! Probably one of these days I will have a love hate relationship with the binky but right now it is just love!

Speaking of Lenna she likes to sleep in funny ways. Here is a picture of her foot sticking between the crib rails. As she gets older she is becoming so much fun to play with! I love her much!
There are many more things on my love hate relationships list but I will end now since you probably didn't even make it this far in reading this post;) Just think it is almost friday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love/hate most of those too. Especially the yard work!

Laura and crew said...

Are you feeling a little bipolar today, Mallory? The funny thing is I feel the same way about everything you mentioned except I don't love, love, love Disneyland mostly because I don't really remember it and I've still never watched a full episode of Lost. I know...crazy. You should start watching White Collar. It has Bryce from Chuck in it and it's our new fave.

The Davidsons said...

Oh Mallory it sounds like you are having a weird day...but it is alright we all have those! Trey would be super jealous that you have the toy story game! He just loves that ride and he keeps seeing it on tv. Love ya!!

The Thackers said...

I was feeling the same way about Craigslist. It's GREAT because it allows you to find good/used stuff cheap, but a pain when you want something NOW and you have to keep waiting and checking waiting and checking until the "right" something shows up and then you have to be the first person to respond. Aagghh...
I also have a total LOVE relationship with Disneyland and wish it was a lot closer so we could go more often.

Lindsey H. said...

I'm commenting on your blog post! :) I try to do so every once in a while so you know I am reading your posts!

Sarah said...

I am groggy too when I wake up from naps! I hate it, because I get so tired somedays. And I am so there with you about the waking in the night/binky issue... I am trying to ween from the binky, and it;s not so fun.

Jaymie and Justin said...

There are so many love/hate relationships in life. You hit most of the main ones. I think we all can relate.

Heidi E said...

Yes, I agree to most all of that! :)