Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Trying New Foods Face

Why Lenna has decided that sleeping the longer way in her crib is not okay I don't know, but I find her like this a lot!It is fun to see her sleeping patterns change now that she can move. She sleeps more on her side or belly then on her back. But my favorite sleep position, still to this day, is when she is on her back and has her arms fully extended so she is making a straight line with her shoulders. I love that she tries to take up as much space as possible while sleeping. But it is sad to see that her crib is getting smaller and smaller; wait I mean Lenna is getting longer and longer.

Lenna makes the funniest faces while trying new foods. I call it the bitter beer face. If you haven't see the commercials for it then you won't know what I am talking about. But basically her faces gets all scrunched up and she looks at me like "what in the world are you giving me!?!?!?!" I have forgotten to try and get a picture of it over and over again. So Lenna was trying cheddar cheese for the first time and this is what she thought about it.

After a few chomps she was ready for round 2 anxiously looking at dad to give her another bite.
However still not sure even with the second try.
But overall I think she likes cheese!
Other than trying to keep warm and dry we are getting excited for Nana Diane and Grandpa Scott to come visit for Thanksgiving. (Side note has anyone ever thought if it is a generational thing for all the grandparents now to go by the first name or some other name? I remember growing up calling my Grandparents Grandma/Grandpa last name; except for my dad's mom I had a hard time saying Davidson when I was little. Maybe it is just my parents and Jared's parents, but we are happy to teach Lenna whatever they want to be called.) Also Lenna I think is frustrated that she can't move. She gets easily upset that she can't gain new independence yet. I am also getting pumped for the turkey run on gobble till you wobble day!

3 comments:

Laura and crew said...

Sometimes we find Esther sleeping in the same position as Lenna on her bed. It's almost like she refuses to stop moving until the second before she falls asleep. Cute, though! I can't wait to see all Lenna's faces when she tries Thanksgiving for the first time! Hooray!

The Thackers said...

Really, Mallory...Lenna could not be any cuter! Isn't fun to see a little person experiencing everything in life for the first time? I love it.

Lindsey H. said...

I still struggle not to make those faces when I'm trying something for the first time! I can be very vocal about when I like something or not, which I think embarrasses Tim if we're ever out in public. Yay for Thanksgiving! I'm so excited! If we were in town that day I'd totally do the turkey run with you!