Saturday, January 16, 2010

10 Month Pictures = Epic Fail

Happy weekend! I finally tried to take some pictures of Lenna. Either she wasn't happy or she just really was uninterested in getting her photo taken. Either way I call this photo shoot an epic fail because there wasn't even really one that was super duper cute. But oh well I guess that captures the phase of life Lenna is in. She is busy, she doesn't want to stay put, and she has an attitude.

For your pleasure I will do brief captions. Look mom I have a ring! You want to play with it?
How do I get off this chair? I did it once already by falling flat on my face I would like to avoid that this time!Nope I am so not going to look at you.Seriously are you done yet I am tired of this.
I am unsure if I should be happy about this ball because you are still taking pictures.
Stop mom! I am trying to play.
Weee look at my awesome funny face I can pull!
So with that I gave up and just let her roam. Maybe 11 months will be easier but I suspect it will be harder.

Here she is playing with her new favorite toy of the week. Skittles. The package makes noise when she shakes it and is fun to chew on apparently.
She banged on this amazon box we got for a good 20 minutes. Then she climbed on it and fell off and screamed. She has a few falling off moments. I am not sure if I should say I was a bad mom for not being right there to catch her or if I should just let her keep falling till she figured out that whole gravity concept. (Obviously within reason I am not going to let her climb to the top of the fridge and let her fall but 1/2 foot seems reasonable to let her try and get gravity.)
I will admit we went to Target last night and again this morning. After finishing labeling who got what I was short 3 Christmas gifts. I was so bummed that I hadn't actually finished my list of gifts for the year that we went back this morning so I could collect three more items. Plus return one item that wasn't what I thought it was going to be. So as of today January 16, 2010 my shopping is completely finished for all birthdays and Christmas gifts for 2010 for all my nieces and nephews! Wow it feels really good too! Jared ask how I managed to get everything at my first toy run on Friday morning. Well I happened to run into my bf #4 at the store and she took a picture of my cart for me. Yep it was completely full with toys on the bottom and eventually I surrounded Lenna and then carried some of the toys too! It was awesomely fun!Especially for the Grandmas here is a video of Lenna just talking to me. She does this often.


Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

2 comments:

Laura and crew said...

I like that Lenna's favorite things to play with lately are recees pieces and skittles and smarties. Maybe for your 11 month photo shoot you could bribe her with brightly wrapped candy...although...she's looking might cute as is.

Anonymous said...

Letting Lenna fall, within reason, is a good thing. She needs to learn how to protect herself and learn about gravity. ;)

Way to go on all the shopping! I do all my Christmas gifts online for family since shipping from Canada can be pricey.