Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hangers, Zoo day, and Walkers

We went to the zoo the other day. It was a beautiful sunny day. The hippos were my favorite part because they were active and doing cool things. At the end we let all the kids run around in one of the play group areas. I let Lenna down thinking she would want to crawl around. But she would scream.
Then scream even louder that I would even think about putting her on the ground and leave her there for a picture! Oh one day she will probably love the outdoors.
I have been spending some more time in our office the last few days. I have a pile of clothes size 12 months that need to go to the DI. (Speaking of which if anyone wants them before i send them that way let me know.) Lenna loves to get into this pile. Then she loves to play with the carbon monoxide detector and then she tries to go for the computer cords. I try to be done being in the office by the time she has moved onto the carbon monoxide detector.

Today we hit up TG with my some of my favorite chemEs. There is truly a life time friendship you gain through massive amounts of suffering. I spent countless hours studying, sitting in classes, and hanging out with these guys. I am always happy to go out to lunch and play an awesome round of hearts with them.
Here are two videos for your enjoyment. Lenna have come to realize she loves hangers. They are quite fascinating.

Also when we were over at our friends the St. Clair's to hang out and catch up we were discussing our little girls and they reminded me about Lenna's walker. (Thanks Jen!) We pulled it out today. She walks pretty good with it. I am kind of impressed.

Well we are off to enjoy the Amazon after Christmas party! Woot! Happy weekend to you all!

5 comments:

Jen said...

oh my goodness! what great walking! go lenna go!

Laura and crew said...

If I were a betting woman, I'd say Lenna will take her first steps in 3 weeks. Once you get the walker out, something clicks in their little minds and they're off!

Michelle M said...

Lenna does look pretty close to walking. About those 12 month clothes... If you're willing to box and send I may be interested. I stocked up on winter clothes in 12 month size but Lauren is still wearing 3-6 month and starting to fit very few 6-9 (the winter 12 month stuff will probably fit just in time for spring/summer).

Anonymous said...

I love how kids like to play with things that aren't considered "toys" but are pretty cheap entertainment. I will have to keep hangers in mind.

The Thackers said...

Way to go, Lenna with the walking! Wahoooo!!! I just sent you an email about the clothes, but just noticed they're alreay spoken for...no worries. :-)