Saturday, January 9, 2010

Diapers and Eggs

This week has been crazy busy, but super fun! On Thursday we had our monthly iron chef party. A gal in our ward started this fun tradition where we say an ingredient and everyone brings a dish to share. We have gone from cream cheese to cinnamon, followed by almonds, and this time we switched it up and did round. We combined it with a shower for my newest best friend. This is her, her name is Laura. She is pretty grand!
On the subject of best friends I tend to find them about every few years. I remember in college on of my really great friends Byron would always ask if I was talking about best friend # 1 (Jenilyn) or best friend #2 (Stephanie), I would always laugh that I had to refer to them with numbers. Now I have added best friend # 3 Melissa (I am not sure she reads my blog I know her family does because they are my Washington family and I just love them all to pieces). Well Laura is now my best friend # 4! She is having a baby soon if you can't tell! So at the iron chef/celebrate a soon to be baby party we played the poopie diaper game. It is true that melted candy bars in diapers are almost as gross as real poopie diapers but at least they smell better!

We also made Ms. Laura a diaper cake. Ali came over and helped me assemble it. Here is the start of the cake.And then the finished product with all the wrapping and trim! As an engineer I don't really follow directions super duper well I just see it in my head and go. But if you want suggestions if you are making your own you need a base to support it and a rod (which I used the flower) this helps stabilize the cake. Here are some of the awesome momma's enjoying the yummy yummy food!
Now onto Lenna. Lenna has been CRAZY this week! I think she may have had a minor cold because her sleeping schedule was all over the place. Today (Saturday) she finally took a good morning and afternoon nap and wow she is a much much MUCH more happy when she sleeps.

On Thursday she was sporting some crazy bed hair!On Friday Lenna tried eggs for the first time. I am including all the pictures of the egg experience because they are priceless! This first one is her thinking wow this is different I have never had this before.Then she thought I am not so sure I like this.
But I can play with it so it is okay.
Hmmm maybe it isn't so bad.
I will keep trying it!
Lenna is getting really good at getting into everything. She also loves standing. Yesterday I was letting her play and then I looked over and there was Reese's pieces all over the floor! I think she managed to eat some of them too! I think she has a sweet tooth! I however scooped all of them up and threw them away since they are probably considered a choking hazard though they are yummy!
On Friday we ran an errand to Costco with our friend Joshie and bf # 4. Joshie is so cute! He kept wrapping his arm around Lenna in the shopping cart and then saying "Lenna like me!" Then on the ride home he kept trying to hold Lenna's hand and she kept closing her fist because she thought it was a game. Lenna laughed and laughed. Sadly Joshie cried because Lenna wouldn't hold his hand. Oh the woes of young love lol!
In other news I just finished my 5 mile race! It was fantastic. It was different too. It was a trail race and not a normal race. It was fascinating and I think I might have to do more trail racing. If I can get Lindsey to send me the pictures she took I will blog about it. Now it is time to play more Mario! I love Mario Brothers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That diaper cake is so cute and no worries about numbering your best friend, I have several as well.

Also, CONGRATS on the 5 mile race!

Lindsey H. said...

Fun week - is that a not-so-subtle hint for me to get those pictures to you? :) I can do that tomorrow...

Laura and crew said...

I'm so flattered to be your BF#4. It makes me wonder if there's a connection between me and the number for. Bf#4, H4...hmmm. Anywho...thanks for a great party and costco trip. You'll have to tell me details about the run this afternoon.