Monday, January 18, 2010

A Perfectly Sunny Day

What do you do on perfect weather days in January? Well if it is Lenna and I we enjoyed a walk and time outside. It is odd to go on a walk in January with it being in the mid 50s and sunny. That just hardly ever happens here. So with that here is Lenna wondering what we are going to do because this is obviously not a norm for her right now.
Now she is all set with Mallory the monkey (yes that is the monkey's name my Washington family gave it to Lenna at one of my baby showers). She seems to be more excited about our adventure now.As we walked to the park we ran into some old people since we live right be a retirement home. They were so funny; they stopped me and wanted to tell me Lenna was cute. Then they asked how old Lenna was and the old guy was like she is a good size for her age. Yep I know I have a big kid.

Further into our walk I remembered countless times this summer walking this same path with Lenna still too small to face forward in her stroller so her car seat was still attached. I also remember that I was only walking because I didn't want to feed her yet and walking was a good distraction for her. Luckily Lenna doesn't eat as much and today she just really enjoyed getting outside and looking at all the other kids at the park. After walking around a little bit I decided to let Lenna out so she could explore. This was her first time ever crawling on grass. At first I don't think she cared, but after crawling around for 10 seconds she decided she did not like it. So she would crawl to me and scream. Having a nice day like today helps me to remember spring is on its way even if it won't be here for a another 2 or so months. However since we live somewhere it doesn't snow it is fun to watch the transformation happen right before my eyes. We are starting to get buds on our rhododendrons, and we have tulip and daffodil starts shooting up! Can you see them?How about in this flower bed?As an added bonus with it being a holiday traffic was SOOO nice! It only took a half hour to take and pick up Jared from work. Since it is a holiday his bus didn't run. Ahh if we had more days like this in the summer I think the population of Seattle would double.

2 comments:

The Thackers said...

I know...wasn't today awesome! This is one reason why I love Seattle. There's always the possibility of a day like today. Not likely, but possible. And today it happened! Anyway, we enjoyed ourselves outside too. I love the picture of Lenna crawling on the grass. Glad you had a good day. :-)

Lindsey H. said...

It was a beautiful day, at least from what I could see staring out my window occasionally while doing homework. I can't wait till spring too!